Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ESC help! - Anyone played around with the VE ESC? (Electronic stability control)

SCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi guys,

I need some help finding the plug for the ESC. I want to unplug it from the fuse box to completely disable it but have no idea which one it is.

Has anyone does this before or know which one it is?

Thanks in advance.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I don't think its as simple as unplugging a cable to disable ESC.

ESC is partly controlled by the abs module, so you would need to disconnect that, but if you do that, then you are going to loose ESC, traction control and abs.
(And throw up lots of diagnostic codes for your effort).

Hopefully you also do not get a power reduced fault which would make the car run like a bucket of crap doing the above.

If this is going to be a track car, you may be better off having the ESC programmed to be off.
(Just set one of the modules to an incorrect ESC setting, such as programming the cluster ESC setting to abs only)

This is not something that I would be recommending though. Its much easier just to hit the traction control switch the car visits the track.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

SCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Sorry for the late response, yes car is track only. Has all been removed now.

Thanks for your help :D

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i know when the ecu looses communication with various modules/sensors it will go into reduced power mode or speed limited, if u have had a tune done or are going too they can change it so there will be no change in power..

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Sorry for the late response, yes car is track only. Has all been removed now.
Care to elaborate on how it was removed?
I don't think I'll ever even use the button to turn it off, I'm past my hooning days, but others might want to know how to disable it.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Be mindful that (for on-road use) such feature - which is a Safety Feature and ADR (Australian Design Rules approved) must NOT be disabled. To do so would render your vehicle as unroadworthy. Any ADR approved feature that was required for any vehicle at the time of manufacture must be maintained and installed at all times. If you wish to debate the matter further, suggest you contact Road Transport Authorities or Police in your State for a definitive answer. Good luck.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
yes car is track only. Has all been removed now.

Thanks for your help :D

Be mindful that (for on-road use) such feature - which is a Safety Feature and ADR (Australian Design Rules approved) must NOT be disabled. To do so would render your vehicle as unroadworthy. Any ADR approved feature that was required for any vehicle at the time of manufacture must be maintained and installed at all times. If you wish to debate the matter further, suggest you contact Road Transport Authorities or Police in your State for a definitive answer. Good luck.

Thanks for that troll BENBOY aka mr police man.

Didn't you read the cars for 'track use only' now. So the OP doesn't care about what's legal anymore. Good bye BENBOY