Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ESP failure warning

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hi Guys,

Just had my local mechanic replace my rack and pinion and service my '04 VZ Acclaim.

Now I am getting an ESP Failure error messages, the mechanic plugged it into his aftermarket TECH2 thing and couldn't find any faults...

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know what may cause it?

Thanks

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I always get problems with my ESP. It is the single most annoying thing about my car. I take it in to get it fixed and they say they had to adjust some sensor but the same thing will happen maybe a week later. I think it is something to do with it not reading the wheel speed correctly or something along those lines. I also found that when I had ESP failure, my car would have really rough gear changes. Hasn't happened for a while though so fingers crossed.

You may need to take it into Holden the next time it happens. They should be able to track down the error stored in the logs. I have the feeling that I will be getting Holden to look at this problem every time I get it serviced.

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Thanks guys, took it to Holden today, it was the sensor in the steering column.

I really hate ESP but I'm sure one day it will get me out of a sticky situation.

Thanks again and i hope your ESP issues disappear one day hingo