Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ETC (Electronic Throttle Control),

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I just saw an add on ebay for "sprint booster"..a little module that claims to make the ETC respond faster..
I have only had my VE a short time and still have not come to any conclusion about the "fly buy wire" gig...I have not noticed any great problem so far..
What thoughts do other owners have about the ETC..and has anyone tried one of these "sprint boosters"..or anything similar???

Cheers.

Scott.

PS. the module was almost $500 so it would want to do somthing..

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
Being as your car is 06 , you're better off putting the money towards a proper edit from a reputable tuner.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
honestly dont bother trying to mess with ve electronics, you will come unstuck, i see this as something like the performance chip air flow sensor resister, this gives you extra power by making your car run rich

maybe this just amplifies the signal from the pedal to make the ecm think you are putting the throttle down harder than you actually are

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
all these do is compress your etc range making you think your car is faster. but you lose throttle range. eg: 3/4 throttle becomes full throttle. for $500 bucks get a proper tune done mate. if your in sydney get in contact with che Dale is the best alloytec tuner around.

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
yep

I tend to agree.. and thought it would do something like "compress" the signal..(a least with ETC theres no chance of a sticky pedal/cable..which I have noticed in a couple of VX's)

I am in Melb..what type of "edit" can be done to the alloytech?..I would certainly look at it if I can find a tech that knows what to do..If anyone can advise of someone over my side I would appreciate it (I am in Ascot Vale).

Cheers

Ps. heres the link to the "sprint booster"

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPRINT-BOOST...ryZ72478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
mate, stay away from them. call VCM they are in melbourne and considering they make the software to tune the alloytecs your in good hands.

the tune will remove the torque management which is what slows the rate the throttle opens compared to the pedal. it will also net about a 20rwhp gain in power and a 50nm gain in torque across the rev range.

look in the VZ section for a thread called had my car tuned at CHE. good info and some results in there. by the way VCM in Melbourne don't call themselves VCM it's auto something but look on the ls1 forums and you will find there address.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I tend to agree.. and thought it would do something like "compress" the signal..(a least with ETC theres no chance of a sticky pedal/cable..which I have noticed in a couple of VX's)

I am in Melb..what type of "edit" can be done to the alloytech?..I would certainly look at it if I can find a tech that knows what to do..If anyone can advise of someone over my side I would appreciate it (I am in Ascot Vale).

Cheers

Ps. heres the link to the "sprint booster"

SPRINT BOOSTER POWER CONVERTER COMMODORE VE V6 - eBay Turbos, Superchargers, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Apr-09 13:22:09 AEST)

lolz, i love the generic description these mobs use, 'can fit to auto, manual, petrol and diesel' hmm since when did a ve have a diesel haha

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
snake oil :whistling would be ok if you were drag racing..... makes you think it's working because you are using more throttle than you think. I have no problems at all with the FBW on the SS..... lots of crap like that on eBay unfortunately..... like the electric supercharger:w00t: