Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ethenol blend fuel in the good ol 202 black?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
As long as the fuel has sufficient octane to cover the engines requirements it should be sweet.
There have been reported issues with carbie cars & ethanol based fuels, also the alcahol tends to absorb moisture so if the car is sitting around you might get water in the fuel over time.
The other issues have been with the alcahol destroying fuel lines, so keep an eye on your fuel lines, if you do replace then use good quality EFI line it will last longer. Also if your fuel lines start to decay replace your fuel filter there might be crap in it too.

Personally I wouldnt have a problem running ethanol based fuel in a car of mine, mind you my cars are EFI. I havent run ethanol based fuels in my cars recently as one sits around too much, and the other I dont drive past any servos selling the fuel.

cheers
Scott

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
I would avoid it until you cant, ive seen the photos of testing done by the govt. on VK's, and it wasnt pretty.

As vkberlina said you are probably going to have less issues with the better EFI lines etc, but i still think its nasty stuff.

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
E10 fuels have corrosion inhibitors in them to stop your fuel lines etc degrading over time.

I use it at every chance in the VK, and the VK loves it. I avoid E10 95 - noticeable drop in performance - the E10 98 (Boost) goes nice though :)