Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ethonol Related Issue

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
shiatan said:
yeah, the ammount of people who come in and whinge is phenominal, i'm at the point now where i go, "look, if you don't like it, call up head office or drive down the street and fill up there" you always see them the same time next week though, like it's been branded into their skull.

Some people are just ********s for the hell of it. Like here we don't accept MotorPass/MotoCharge.. I told some guy we don't accept it when he tried to use it, I even went and showed him the sticker on EVERY PUMP that said we don't take it.. That shut him up..

He came back in two weeks and tried to use it again and tried to get all agressive again. I'm like, as I said before we don't accept it.

Tried to use the card again when another chick was working. I saw him arguing with her as I was walking in. By the time I realised who he was he was walkin out..

Hahahah people are idiots..

Which servo are you at?

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
the freedom fuels at willawong.
one of the funniest ones was a couple of nights back, had an older asian man walk in after putting in $50 worth of fuel, and slap down one of the old (paper) $50 notes on the counter. after looking at him for a couple of seconds i informed him that i couldn't take it, as it's not legal tender. he then started screaming at me grabbing his mobile phone that he was going to call the cops.

So i called his bluff and said sure, i'll even do it for him. by the time i had turned around from picking up the phone, he had swapped the notes, put a real one on the counter and was already halfway out the door................some people?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
I have been filling up with fuel that contains 10%ethanol for a few months now, for the first week was a bit ****, poor acceleration, rough idle etc.
Now i have not had a problem, the power is there, idle is perfect, and better economy. I read a flyer about ethanol fuels and it said it is not good in cars built before 1986.(mine an 1986 Berlina) Also my mechanic who specializes in Vl Commodores said it is fine with the RB30 engines. if anything it cleans the fuel system and injectors. So im going to continue using it as im happy with the performance i achieve. Cheers Blokes

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003

hosedogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl 5spd 6 n/a turbo convert '88
mag said:
And you can look here to see if you can use Ethanol www.fcai.com.au/ethanol

why on this site does it say you can use ethanol based feul in holdens post 86, but only says post 04 for nissan? now figure that one out. if you can use it in a vl with an rb30, why cant you use it a r31 with an rb30? that doesn't make sense. oh well prob a stuff up.

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Ethanol not for me!

Here is an interesting article i found...CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!..Sure their testing was with E20 and they did not have a control vehicle etc. but the corrosion that they produced was not something you normally see in fuel system components of a normal car. I am definetly not keen to use it.
But those couple of cents you save per tank are not worth the damage. :rip:

Did a Dyno test with our race car ( car was on dyno for nearly 5 hours doing different tests with different fuels etc) and and after tuning etc the E10 came out with 16 Horse Power less than premium. :ranting:

Hey, its only my opinion......... and you are intitled to your own too.
I won't put it in my lawnmower!!! :yeah:
CAtchya!
Attached Files Ethanol Test 2000-hours-vehicles.pdf

Attachments

• Ethanol Test 2000-hours-vehicles.pdf
    596.8 KB · Views: 190
G

Grantis1976

The oil company's web sites have a checklist for your model of vehicle. They dont recomend it in VL's......6 or V8 !

It looks asthough some are starting to get confused between ethenol and methanol.

Ethenol is the fuel additive in question. Not so good.

Methenol is the rocket juice that indycars run on, also mixed with nirto for topfuelers !

When I was a teenager, I had a gas-powered 1:8th scale radiocontrolled car than ran on nitromethane. Alot of potential, but extremely dangerous. If it doesn't have a die added to it, you cant see it burn !:thumbsup: