Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eurovox 8490v in vs statesman calais III

mardyeas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Calais Series III
hi all.

i pulled apart the console today to put an aftermarket head unit in and came across a black cable i am not familiar with?
it is protruding from the left side (looking from front of unit) and is not removable. decided not to take the head unit out until i know what it is?
i thought maybe its has something to do with the factory cd changer which isn't in my model but i am not sure? can anyone help?

thanks!

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Without seeing it I would also guess CD changer cable, which will be removable. Maybe the previous owner removed the changer.
Not familiar with this radio, does it have a CD slot?

mardyeas

Reaction score
Members Ride
Without seeing it I would also guess CD changer cable, which will be removable. Maybe the previous owner removed the changer.
Not familiar with this radio, does it have a CD slot?

thanks for replying. i should have photographed it. i'm thinking the changer must have been removed also. it is a tape/radio deck. no cd.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for replying. i should have photographed it. i'm thinking the changer must have been removed also. it is a tape/radio deck. no cd.

I would say the stacker has been removed otherwise there would be a CD slot. The cable can be removed but it's just a bit tricky, I can't remember what the secret is.

mardyeas

Reaction score
Members Ride
i remember seeing something behind the glovebox that might be where to disconnect it. if not i guess ill cut it as it's useless anyway! you've been an awesome help!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
i remember seeing something behind the glovebox that might be where to disconnect it. if not i guess ill cut it as it's useless anyway! you've been an awesome help!

The plug will disconnect from the rear of the head unit, it should just pull out with a bit of persuasion. It's just a 12 pin DIN plug.

13-pin-din-full.jpg

Last edited:

mardyeas

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks that helped a lot. it was what i saw behind the glove box. i have disconnected it there and have the head unit out thanks for all your help!