Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox Head unit with Sony stacker ??

S

statesmanvs

I purchased a VS statesman recently. It was missing the 10 stacker unit from the boot. The DIN cable and mounts are still there. I have heard rumours there are some models of Sony stacker which will work with the factory head unit. I do have a Sony 10 stacker which does power up and load/eject the cd magazine when plugged into the head unit (which has some connector) The head unit seems to recognise the stacker and tries to play ... stacker doesn't seem to respond and won't take the disks from the magazine. Is it simply a matter of changing the signals by changing pins in the connectors ? ... or am I wasting my time ? Will the Eurovox stacker unit from later VT work with the VS head unit ?? Any help or tips appreciated ... also anyone who may have a good Holden/Eurovox stacker unit for sale ... I'd be interested. Thanks.

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
i got 1 for any1 out there

muffman001

Reaction score
Website
nfateam.informe.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina soon to be turbo'd
Stacker

No It Will Not Work With Out Re Wireing The Plug The Connections Might Look The Same But The The Pins Go To Diffrent Things Eg Power Up Play And Other Things Best Off To Look On Ebay For One That Is Suted To Your Head Deck You Will Have One Hell Of A Time Trying To Get It To Work

P.s If You Want To Sell Your Old Sony Stacker I Would Be Intrested But Is It A Unilink Stacker ? Has The Plug Got Two Square Pins Inside ?

S

sick_vt

Unfortunately your Sony stacker is not compatible with your Eurovox head unit. If you want a stacker, you can do 1 of 2 things ...

1. Pioneer and Kenwood make an FM modulated stacker which is tuned through your head unit's FM radio frequency. They both come with a remote control and their own dash controller for operation. Only downfall with FM modulated stackers is you may get engine whine come through your speakers. Costs are between $400 - $550 plus about $80 installation.

2. Remove your Eurovox head unit and replace it with a Sony, Kenwood or Pioneer Radio cassette and stacker pack. Cost is between $300 - $450 plus about $120 installation.

3. Remove your Eurovox head unit and repalce it with a CD/tuner with MP3 and WMA playback. With MP3 you can fit about 200 songs on a single disc depending on the bit rate the song has been saved as. With MP3, you'll have a lot less CD's in your car. Put it this way, A cd made up of MP3 songs will fit about 15 cd's worth of songs from you collection. Plus you can keep the originals in top condition. Costs start around $200 plus about $80 installation.

Hope this helps :hit:

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
I have a 6 cd stacker branded eurovox that seems to be a sony (early VT GenIII). The service manual is not branded at all, but all the chips and subassemblies are sony parts. Want to replace it with a custom MP3 player. Still trying to work out the protocol......

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
75% of head units out there carry Sony IC's. Trust me, it's still a Eurovox.

Protocol?

VS Callahan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman International
I have a VS Statesman with the original Eurovox sound system including the 10 Stacker, which isn't working:( I'm looking to replace it with another and have been watching eBay, does anyone know the model number of the Eurovox CD 10 stacker that was put into the VS Statesman?

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
its either a 1030 or a 92080354

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
92080354 is your serial number.

The model number is 1030

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
statesmanvs said:
I purchased a VS statesman recently. It was missing the 10 stacker unit from the boot. The DIN cable and mounts are still there. I have heard rumours there are some models of Sony stacker which will work with the factory head unit. I do have a Sony 10 stacker which does power up and load/eject the cd magazine when plugged into the head unit (which has some connector) The head unit seems to recognise the stacker and tries to play ... stacker doesn't seem to respond and won't take the disks from the magazine. Is it simply a matter of changing the signals by changing pins in the connectors ? ... or am I wasting my time ? Will the Eurovox stacker unit from later VT work with the VS head unit ?? Any help or tips appreciated ... also anyone who may have a good Holden/Eurovox stacker unit for sale ... I'd be interested. Thanks.

If you decide to junk the Eurovox and go with another brand, I'm interested in buying the cable. PM me.
Julio