Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox security code prob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
OK..................This seems like a dumb question..........let me give you some background

My son has just bought his first car, a VT Acclaim, that he picked up on friday, 16th March @ 11am. The car yard gave us the P.I.N number for the coded stereo, but because we were heading to Phillip Island (Victoria) @ 12pm for a weekend of fishing, we didnt worry about punching in the code right away.

about half way to the island i decided to punch in the code to listen to the radio...................it didnt work.......3 times........and locked us out.

Went to check the glove box for the owner manual.........not there!!

we called the car yard on the mobile, thinking it was the wrong code, the yard rang back saying it was absolutely the right code as he had called Holden. There are no Holden dealers (the we could find) on Phillip island, and returning on sunday, all The Holden dealers we past were closed.

my question is this:-

Is there a button or buttons i need to press before or/and after i enter the P.I.N code?

What is the sequence??

Hoping that someone may reply to this before i log off in about 2 hours from now, as I'd like to fix this little problem before i go to work tomorrow111

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

cragv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina
Hey mate, the code is located on the (missing, in your case) manual's back page. Mine is a simple print out saying:

Stereo Code: xxxx
Ignition Code: xxxxxx

...and so on. The official doco doesn't give any sort of indication as to how to enter it, but from memory you were doing it right (just use the numbers to enter the code) - should definitely work.

2 options now: have the dealer sort it out at their expense with Holden, or else just buy a different (better) head unit and fit a DIN pocket underneath it. It is a piece of cake to install a different HU, so principles aside, that may be easier than slogging it out with a dealer?

Good luck either way!!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Holden never printed the codes in the owners book, it all the security info was issued on a credit card sized white card.
if the unit has been changed & correct procedure followed the PIN will be programmed into the BCM, get a dealer with a tech2 to extract it for you. if that number is wrong, they will need to get the serial number off the unit & fax it off to get the correct code.
Rob

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
yer get the yard to sort it out. we had ours given to us put lost it... costed 50 bucks from holden all they wanted was the registraion papers to prove iot was our car and the vin number, punched it into a compy and had the number in less than 5. some holden dealerships charge less ive heard.

pnb

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore
single/double din

ive got a toyotoa lexcen, which is basically a holden commodore!!! just brought it recently and was wondering are u able to tell me if the car is single or double din??? i wana put a new head deck in cause the current radio dsnt work, dealers dont have the code to acitivate it. you wouldnt also know if i could activate the radio any other way with out a code?? might sound silly. if i could get a reply asap as i wana buy the head deck asap. the model of the radio on manual reads 6315v/6329v/6330v..im pretty sure mine is the 6330v model.
thanks.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
yer get the yard to sort it out. we had ours given to us put lost it... costed 50 bucks from holden all they wanted was the registraion papers to prove iot was our car and the vin number, punched it into a compy and had the number in less than 5. some holden dealerships charge less ive heard.

Ripped! I walked in to Holdon with rego papers, 2 minutes later I had the code with no charge.

roy007

Reaction score
Members Ride
khobar
anybody can please help me to find out my EUROVOX car audio system security code i check in the internet all other brand audio system security code generator i found but this bullshit eurovox i cannot my eurovox model number is 92075550 and the serail number is 334005910.1. please please anybody help me my mail is [email protected]

MiggzvsC0MM0D0RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive
@pnb It should be a single din, pioneer hu are good on the cheap, just incase you hadn't chosen one yet.