Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ever happened to anyone..........

Jenga73

Reaction score
hey, i was driving home last night from work, traffic was bullshit so i took the old pacific highway home. no one was on it, and i hadn't really had much fun with the car since i lowered it so i was giving it a bit round the bends. its was performing rather well i thought, pretty happy with it.
BUT... as i was pushing it round one corner, the car stalled. it just turned off, now at the time i thought i had snapped a drive belt, all i noticed while trying to avoid running off the road was all my dash lights come on, oil, engine, etc, and i lost my power steering, then i lost brakes and had no go. i checked under the bonnet to expecting a bit of a mess but nothing seemed out of order, belt was fine, all levels were fine, couldnt see any fluid pissing out anywhere. i started the car and it was fine.
After looking back at what happened i realise that the car just stalled round the corner. im not worried at all bout it happening again, i think it was just that there was not much fuel left in the tank and some air got sucked up.
was just wondering if anyone else had experienced similiar or the same thing at any stage.

CHeers

sorry the story dragged out.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
Happened a few times with my while driving. My fuel was ok it was around half a tank, but im having probs starting my car... and my CAS seems to be the prob with that. Might be your problem also?

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
happened to me once, just the battery terminal was loose

Last edited:

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
yeah i had the same thing, battery terminal was loose. It happened going up my driveway