Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ever so slight little jolt when stopping and taking off

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Howdy,

I've started noticing a very slight jolt/noise coming from (what appears) to be the rear of the car when I'm coming to a complete stop. It then happens when taking off.

It's not every single time.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Stef.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Could be a billionty things … for example, there's not a tool loose in the spare wheel well is there?

What sort of mileage does it have on it? I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your question, but others might suggest something like bushings that need replacing after a certain distance.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
It has 68,000 on the clock.

Stef.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi Stef, I have had this in my VF SV6 since forever. It is regarded as "normal" by dealers. Or in other words "dunno".
Seems to happen in some cars but not all, it has been discussed elsewhere in this forum.
I suspect it is contributed to by backlash tolerances in the drivetrain.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
are you sure it's hot the hill assist, when you have your foot on the brake for a while it brings it on.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Could be sloppy rubber bushes in the suspension, or the slide pins in the brakes. Either way your km's are low for those issues.
If you step on and off the brakes as you slow down does it happen several times?

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
I find it more severe if I brake harder and hit the accelerator harder.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like bushes to me then. Like the rear suspension is moving back and forth a few mm when force is applied. VEs used to do it, maybe VF is the same. If that's what it is you can get bush inserts to fix it.

Crom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Was wondering if anyone had the same issue. Recently started in my 2016 Redline. Had the old man in the backseat and he could feel it directly beneath him. It's intermittent at present. Reported it at recent service, and as per other comments, dealer advised it's a "known issue" but not a problem. When pressed on the matter they admitted they didn't know what it was, which left me questioning their capacity to determine whether it was a problem or not...that's when they just stare at you blankly.
Haven't had a recurrence lately, regardless of how quickly I take off.

Cheers for starting the thread. Will update if I get any further info.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
are you sure it's hot the hill assist, when you have your foot on the brake for a while it brings it on.
It's silent though, when you take off you can hear the pressure being released in the foot well. It's like a small noise

Was wondering if anyone had the same issue. Recently started in my 2016 Redline. Had the old man in the backseat and he could feel it directly beneath him. It's intermittent at present. Reported it at recent service, and as per other comments, dealer advised it's a "known issue" but not a problem. When pressed on the matter they admitted they didn't know what it was, which left me questioning their capacity to determine whether it was a problem or not...that's when they just stare at you blankly.
Haven't had a recurrence lately, regardless of how quickly I take off.
Cheers for starting the thread. Will update if I get any further info.
To O.P and Crom, just a suggestion, it's not the fuel sloshing around in the tank is it? VF's are known for this, if you turn off the AC and radio then come to a stop, you'll hear it slosh back and forth :)