Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Every time I treat a car nice....

P

Pauldw500

Not convinced I have the patience for this... :(
Screenshot_20210618-114551_Gallery.jpg

All the blue bit has snapped off yet I can't get the rest out. Cars a piece of ****, gonna go buy a Renault..

P

Pauldw500

So went to local mechanic who told me what I'm trying to get off is the 'cam sensor' and the OPS is next to it. I've felt about, took heaps of pics with flash and I'll be damned if I can find the thing. I'm struggling mentally with life atm for personal reasons and I've NEVER thrown the towel on anything, but my agitation levels are off the scale and this is driving me crazy. I'm a motorbike mechanic by trade so not a complete novice. In the late 80s I had a lil Renault 5 GT Turbo and changed the gearbox twice and 3 turbos along with everything else I've done since then but the towel has been thrown. I'll leave the OBD2 scanner connected and just erase the code when it pops up, which incidentally doesn't happen straight away. I just drove for 10ks with 2 stops and it didn't show, then it did. I'm a Pom and we are known to have issues with the Germans lol, but my partners Audi A3 has been faultless in 10 years. Goes forever on a tank of fuel unlike this piece of crap that won't return 500ks for a tank. I love my SS and its nice to not have everyone drive up your ass like when I drive the Audi but is it really worth it? I have a box standard 2009 SS which I paid $9k for with 190k on the clock. I'll stand half a chance of getting my money back and maybe just buy a Barina... my sanity is more valuable than the perks this car gives me atm... :(

P

Pauldw500

Oh and thanks for the help and advice. Just a pity I couldn't pull it off... :oops:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Don’t give up just yet mate, once you‘ve got that pressure sensor changed out you‘ll be back to cruising around in the nice v8

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached excerpt from the Holden VE Service manual may help you identify the location of the oil pressure sensor and replace it. Note the comment about cleaning around the sensor before removing/replacing. Badly needed in your case, looking at your pictures..

Attachments

• VE V8 Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement.pdf
    456.8 KB · Views: 137
P

Pauldw500

So is this the OPS I've been trying to undo as the local mechanic said it wasnt and is a,'cam sensor'... I think he's wrong as I can't find see or feel anything else in the vacinity... :confused:

Oh and thanks for support...

P

Pauldw500

Looking like everyone's unsubscribed from this thread lol, but have been trying to work out if my local mechanic has half a clue as he's adamant that this pictured is a "Cam Sensor" and the sensor for the oil pressure is next to it.

Im calling BS...

Now as to getting the damn thing out...

Blue bit has snapped off on both sides. I guessed it had to come up but it didn't and with the help of a screwdriver it snapped. Have grabbed the sensor with pliers and it ain't budging for love nor money...

Unless anyone can recommend anything other than remove the engine I see no other option but cut cable to plug for OPS and hope the 27mm will go over the plug and undo. I can fix the plug and cable no prob. Will have to be a cut and shut but I see no other option....

This IS it hey???
20210622_095740.jpg

P

Pauldw500

Well at least I know the 27mm don't go over the plug for OPS... :rolleyes::confused:

Cut wires too so all goin awesome lol. I think I'll have to get a set of mole grips or whatever you call em and just yank the whole plug off, it wiggles a tad but yeah don't want to leave the OPS at all...

Damn....