Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Everything to know about VLs (open.. post your links here)

Damovr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk stato v8
hey fellas I'm new to this forum I've got a 308 vl it idles fine but soon as you go to rev it it missing like crazy and can't hold the revs can anyone give some advice what could be wrong ?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

court88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL commodore non turbo rb30
Hi everyone i am new to this so sorry if i make mistakes.....
we have a 87 VL commodore which we just replaced the engine and everything was fine until we had the number 2 and 5 injector leaking, so from the engine replacement we had another throttle body which had injectors on it but the are completely different looking to the ones that were originally with the car, this had orange clips and the others are black. since changing the injectors to the black ones we now have a car that sounds crappy and like it has no fuel, we used proper EFI hose and clamps but the orange injectors have little needle point on the bottom where as the black on dont... also before doing this the car seems really gutless.. so i was wondering if any of you wonderful people out there could give us some tips as to what might be the problem, as if you guys know of any other ways to get cheaper injectors other then paying $310 an injector... thank you

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
The bottom of the injector is a needle?

You will find the injectors don't have the pintle on them (controls spray pattern)

The loom plug on n/a inj are creamy/pinkish.
Brown tops are turbo inj.
U may have some aftermarket inj. U can
Pull the pintels off the injectors.
If your stuck I can send u some n/a injectors for a small fee.

l.k.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sidi sv6 2010 1988 vl vacationer
the diode in the loom near the battery is only for the power to the injectors, but you have no spark so it must be something else. also if it was the neutral switch the starter wouldn't crank at all

ive had the crank sensor kill my present vl a few years ago. both the vl s ive had have died when the unit in the distributor packed up. both are touchy mongrels . tho i have a question myself, mine decided to start playing up and running rich. first suspicion is the air flow sensor. this problem came up a few months ago and i replaced that unit on the air filter box with another second hand one i had. been fine ever since but got stuck in heavy traffic at the weekend and it started to play up . wondering if that unit is now dodgy, any other ideas? code 14 is coming up but i dont know what the speed sensor circuit looks like let alone what it does or how it affects what the motor does.

RUTHLESSVLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VLT
Just wondering. I'm putting new rb20 turbo on my rb30 vl. When I took old turbo off I did the dumshit thing and didn't check where the two water lines went from block to turbo. I need to no where the two lines from block go into turbo? Does It matter where the two go? Or is there a proper place on turbo? Please helpp

natenzontanos22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hey guys i have a VL cal and the aircon isnt working and the is a leek and you can hear gas coming out what do you think it might be

jimvlturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
just want to know what the clips that hold your front bumper to guard are called
showthread.php

Last edited:

1QIK87

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 Holden VL
hi all. im new to this site. i have a 87 vl with the rb20 motor. will a afm from other rbs fit mine?