Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

evoke fuel consumption figures?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Is the Evoke really any better than the old VE series 2 Omega/Berlina?
whatcha all getting in the sedans and wagons?
Looking at the torque curves they seem like a bit more grunty 4 cylinder type?
The Max torque hits mid 2000 rpm so a bit earlier than a general 4 cylinder that hits about 4000rpm mostly.
Then it appears to not loose a lot of that max torque up to 6000 rpm. Where most 4 cylinders loose all torque not much after 4500 rpm.
Am I reading it right? Yeah I know the Evoke isn't a SV6 but they are heaps cheaper

I run a fleet of over VF 30 EVOKEs (sedan and sportwagon versions but slowly going to ZB as the EVOKEs reach a milestone)

We have reps.. in the city, in the country (several live in the country) and they cover anything from 25,000km a year to 80,000 km a year
issues...? none really (the odd busted screen or puncture) had one that lasted ONE hour after new car delivery before the trans popped
(the replacement trans is still going 100,000km later) and fuel consumption. Real life ?.. country, just some silly numbers like 5 and a bit lt/100km
(guys are getting over a 1200km a tankful) ..thru to 15lt/100km for the guy with the wagon that tows our product trailer around Sydney (Sydney is NOT flat)
is VF better than VE?... yes the car is quieter, much better interior (seats etc) is also better with electric steering (despite the recall issues)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
@Smitty how does the ZB compare as a fleet vehicle?

one question ..I ask our drivers about a week after they have had one (to replace their previous VFs)

always TWO responses....
'not much different to drive really' (they get LT hatches or Sportwagons although one scored an RS wagon)
but also, 'geez they are quiet' (... compared to VF)

rudi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive
thanks everyone
sounds like the Evoke is an option