Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EVOKE S2 REMOTE START NOT WORKING

PandaKazii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke S2
Hey guys,

Got stung a bit here bad guys just picked up a 2016 evoke and it’s thrown me an engine light, I got it scanned and it’s showing it’s running to lean.
Codes: P0171 & P0174
I have not cleared the codes yet as I want the dealership to fix the vehicle. So check engine light is still on.

Now tonight I tried to use remote start which has worked in the past and now it’s not.
I press lock and then remote start and hold it for a few seconds and the hazard lights flash to show the signals been received but no start. Not sure why and I hope I haven’t brought a lemon!

Could this be because my check engine light is on also?

Any help would be appreciated lads.
Thanks!

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Correct, remote start will not operate with a engine light on

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
There are a few posts in this forum on your issue. Do a search using P0171 P0174. Seems to be a problem with the purge valve solenoid.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Could this be because my check engine light is on also?
Car will not start with a check engine light.

Seems to be a problem with the purge valve solenoid.
I didn't have any codes, but took Holden 8 months to finally diagnose my car correctly with a faulty purge valve. It would make my car run lean on startup and it would have the hardest time starting. Got a free timing chain kit + oil pump out of it, because that's what they thought was faulty :p

But to O.P, check the purge valve. Its at the back left of the engine (if looking at the engine from the front of the car). Easiest way to test it is to unplug it all and blow into it, if you can blow into it when there is no power then it is faulty.