Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Evoke SSV in the US? Why yes!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Now for the alternative use of the tissue!
After getting the black window trim last summer, and solid colored door handles in the fall, I decided to make a move to an entirely chrome free car. I did something that I thought I would never do, but after seeing so many cool photoshoots of ADV1 wheels in matte black, I decided to go for it. I purchased a set of Staggered Niche Sport Wheels, manufactured by MHT, who also makes ADV1 wheels. Yup, that’s right, fake wheels! Let’s just say I paid less for all 4 than what I would have paid for one real ADV5.1 wheel. Yes, they are made from a different material, but they look the same to me! Benchmark Motoring helped me out by creating some custom center caps for the wheels. Did I forget to mention that the rears are concave? I love the look! Since I wasn’t driving her, I had the new wheels installed, and then she went over to Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes for some fender massaging. Mark did an amazing job of trimming, further rolling, and then flaring the rear of the fender where the bumper bracket is to create plenty of space for my new setup, and to get a little bit of the flush look. My old setup rubbed a bit, and now, there will be no rubbing! Mark promised me I could put it in the weeds!
427SSV.jpg

427SSV2.jpg

427SSV3.jpg

427SSV4.jpg

Custom Center Caps on a dirty wheel!
2011-03-29_12-24-08_292-1.jpg

A little change up with a Personalized Plate. I am going to make a small vinyl dash ( - ) to go between the E and the S, EXCE-SSV, and I will be adding a black out SSV emblem to the boot lid.
2011-03-29_12-26-57_4.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

That’s my other ride in the background, an all original 1974 Ford Bronco purchased brand new by my Grandfather. It has been in storage for 19 years since he passed away, and I just got it out here to Seattle.
DSC_0717.jpg

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Among Friends including GTO’s!!
DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

After several unexpected parts delays Vector got my motor onto the engine dyno for her maiden run!
IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

I asked the Team at Vector Motorsports to create something very specific for me: A motor that would drive around town and behave like a stock motor, and that when unleashed would tear up the asphalt! A little lope was ok, and yes I wanted power, but since this is my daily driver, I wanted her to have manners around town. I say all that to preempt the comments, “it should have made more power.”
One the engine dyno today she made an initial 590hp, and 575ft lbs. The tune is not finalized, as that can only be done once the motor is installed in the car. If we take those numbers and estimate 18% drivetrain loss, it should lay down at least 483rwhp and 471ft lbs. With some fine tuning maybe we can get close to 500rwhp! The scary number of the day is that she made 500ft lbs at 3600rpm and it stays over 500 all the way past 6000rpm!! This should create a good scenario for tire shredding with the Yank 3200 Stall Converter.
I am also adding a GXP Tranny Cooler, thanks to Greg at Pace, to try and keep some life in my tranny.
I do have some more appearance mods waiting in the wings. I will keep them under wraps until the day she is all done! Hopefully that will be within the next two weeks.
I cannot sleep! I WANT TO DRIVE HER!!

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Among Friends including GTO’s!!
DSC_0615.jpg

I don't mind your car at all mate, but what's the HJ/X/Z coupe (someone will correct me lol) behind it doin over there? Any info on it?

Cheers

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
I don't mind your car at all mate, but what's the HJ/X/Z coupe (someone will correct me lol) behind it doin over there? Any info on it?

Cheers

That is my neighbors car. It is a Monaro LE. The only one in North America and one of two outside of Australia.
Here she is on the dyno!
[YOUTUBE]_17JX0eWOn8[/YOUTUBE]

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thats an awesome looking SS mate, its good to know the septic tanks like the dunny dores the way we do.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
SOOOOOO good to see some Holden enthusiasm over in the States. Especially the Monaro! WOW! :D

There is actually a heavily modified EXCESSV plated car over here too... TWINS!!! :D

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Awesome ride mate, love the paint and the rims.

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
SOOOOOO good to see some Holden enthusiasm over in the States. Especially the Monaro! WOW! :D

There is actually a heavily modified EXCESSV plated car over here too... TWINS!!! :D

I actually asked his permission before I copied him. It was my second choice, but the Department of Licenscing decided HOON doesn't encourage safe driving!