Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Evoke SSV in the US? Why yes!

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Just picked my car up and drove her home. There was bad traffic and it was raining so hard to tell exactly what she has.
Here is a sneak peak though!
DSC_1196.jpg

464rwhp and 421ft lbs. The torque should be higher, but you sure have to love the torque curve!!!

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Nice good to hear is up and running

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Be sure to let us know how it goes once you've had a chance to gun it!

One Word: MONSTER!

I got one good run at WOT from a roll in second and then third gear. The Kooks Long Tubes, into Corsa Car Back really allows it to yell! It sounds like Stock Car with open headers. Although I never heard them in person, I think it must sound like a V8 Supercar. Videos one the bugs are worked out.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Now for the alternative use of the tissue!
After getting the black window trim last summer, and solid colored door handles in the fall, I decided to make a move to an entirely chrome free car. I did something that I thought I would never do, but after seeing so many cool photoshoots of ADV1 wheels in matte black, I decided to go for it. I purchased a set of Staggered Niche Sport Wheels, manufactured by MHT, who also makes ADV1 wheels. Yup, that’s right, fake wheels! Let’s just say I paid less for all 4 than what I would have paid for one real ADV5.1 wheel. Yes, they are made from a different material, but they look the same to me! Benchmark Motoring helped me out by creating some custom center caps for the wheels. Did I forget to mention that the rears are concave? I love the look! Since I wasn’t driving her, I had the new wheels installed, and then she went over to Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes for some fender massaging. Mark did an amazing job of trimming, further rolling, and then flaring the rear of the fender where the bumper bracket is to create plenty of space for my new setup, and to get a little bit of the flush look. My old setup rubbed a bit, and now, there will be no rubbing! Mark promised me I could put it in the weeds!
427SSV.jpg

427SSV2.jpg

427SSV3.jpg

427SSV4.jpg

Custom Center Caps on a dirty wheel!
2011-03-29_12-24-08_292-1.jpg

A little change up with a Personalized Plate. I am going to make a small vinyl dash ( - ) to go between the E and the S, EXCE-SSV, and I will be adding a black out SSV emblem to the boot lid.
2011-03-29_12-26-57_4.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

That’s my other ride in the background, an all original 1974 Ford Bronco purchased brand new by my Grandfather. It has been in storage for 19 years since he passed away, and I just got it out here to Seattle.
DSC_0717.jpg

Love the wheels as I said on LS1. I ended up getting a set here. have bought and ordered. Last set apparently.

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Love the wheels as I said on LS1. I ended up getting a set here. have bought and ordered. Last set apparently.

The wheels look good! I really like the setup. I am staring out my window at my car right now, drooling! The Grey and Black look suits the car. Need bigger brakes though!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
smoked headlights we could only dream of getting three meters down the road without a defect notice here.
i bet this is a real head turner and quite menacing when it ranges up behind you down the road im sure them move out the way quite quickly

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
smoked headlights we could only dream of getting three meters down the road without a defect notice here.
i bet this is a real head turner and quite menacing when it ranges up behind you down the road im sure them move out the way quite quickly

Not sure if I will get away with it or not. I will be sure to ALWAYS have my fog lights on at night. HID's are installed under the tint, just need wired.