Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex Police Cars

R

rattattack1313

cop cars...

I have a Vee Pee 1993 series 2 ex cop car..its immaculate...now I re-painted it.....and that was Dulux's fault, not Holdens or the previous owners (police force) fault.........rest of the car is schmicko........except for the extra holes in it for the prior radio etc........ which is nothing....lol.....

S

scooterjohansen

My car is a VT 5.0l. it has just over 100k on the clock. I especially wanted to get an ex police car for a few reasons. Its chipped. i believe its sitting on 215kw. I like the fact it comes fitted with dual airbags, LSD ,dual thermos cold air induction and the previous owner put a K & N. The brakes are abs and are fantastic.( compared to the feel of a bmw) I love fe2 suspension. It looks like a standard commodore, to the untrained eye. it has standard exhaust fitted which is very very very quiet. it drives and handles like a new car or close to new. does drives like a go kart on the open road it corners sensationally and is so silky smooth and responsive that my girlfriend just sits there with a large grin and beggs for her turn to drive. it is immaculate bar the usual minor paint blemish you get for a car of this age. it has been resprayed on the bumbers I would guess about 30k ago.the inside is not your unmarked granny interior and shows signs of its age. ususal holes etc there from police accessories. the seats are firm and comfortable. the back support to help the kidney is crucial. I think it was a country car and while my car is not an SS it also cost 30% less. The only thing I would like to see is heat insulation under the floor cause on a hot day you sweat with out air con. i am planning to put 100K on it and not have to spend a cent. apart from schedule services etc and I am going to fix the chew out tyres thing too. like any car purchase i suggest getting it checked out by a mechanic to see if there is any hidden issues that could be missed. overall bang for buck very very good.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
scooterjohansen said:
My car is a VT 5.0l. it has just over 100k on the clock. I especially wanted to get an ex police car for a few reasons. Its chipped..

so the previous owner did the chip then?
cos everyone knows the police dont do it.lol
Rob :b:

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I have a VY SS ex NSW police highway car, I wouldn't have bought it except I have intimate knowledge on how it was driven, I just have to switch my brain into remember mode, instead of deny everything mode...

Look its just like any car, I have never really abused any car I ahve driven in my work, however I have done ridicluaous speeds behjind other people doing ridiculous speeds and pulled handbrakes on at 80 clicks, while pushing the auto back into second and pushing my right foot real hard. I have driven 6's and 8's and in my opinion the 8's are just that bit tougher.

Only negative comment I have ever heard about an ex police vehicle is that they are awful hard to get a good wheel alignment on with out a kit. And why wouldn't they be... Bloody speed humps...

By the way, I definately wouldn't buy a WRX, every second one in Sydney has been stolen and do you think crooks care how they treat the cars they drive??? They don't have bosses, Cops do!

Holden cover everything on new car warranty anyway...

I have no complaints, mine had 50,000 km on it and it cost me $27K ($30K really but I didn't pay GST)

S

scooterjohansen

the extra money i saved not getting a badged ss/hsv I can spend on a supercharger. i like this idea a lot....it does seems there are a lot of wrx out there... hmmmm

S

scooterjohansen

doctor bob are you joking? i believed it was a factory thing??? Am I mistaken???/omg omg.....

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
do a search on it its all rubbish & was never done

P

paulhsv01

mate, there good cars they might get a bit of a thrashing but there always serviced and checked before every shift and anything wrong with the car the car gets faulted and put in for repairs as soon as possible. you cant go wrong

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ah memories, I remember being chased down by a VN highway Interceptor on my dirt bike, I was giving the old machine a bit of a pipe cleanout down my street on my way home, gave it quick squirt off the corner to about 130, then put the brakes on to turn into my driveway but found the front gaurd of an interceptor blocking my turn! Amazing stuff really, I never did find out how he got there so fast because my bike was much faster than any Commodore has ever been and he wasn't behind me when I went into the corner so he had to have come out of one of the side streets but I never saw him anywhere. Anyway I didn't at first realise it was the cops and I just thought what a psycho! and turned in the other direction up a dirt road and hosed him, but once I reached the end of that road and had a few seconds to think, I thought hang on a minute, white commodore front gaurd, going that fast?? hmmmmmmmmmmm don't tell me!? so I stoped the bike and turned my head around and saw this VN Interceptor absolutly smoking the tires reversing out of the dirt road back onto the sealed road. I had to think about what to do in that moment and I had a half hearted escape across another road and then across a swamp, I was good as gone really but then I thought nah for sure that guy saw my rego plate allready so I came back and stoped on the road and waited for him. Turns out he never did see my plate but that he had called for more cars to hunt me down, I got out of that with a 89km per hour in a 60 zone fine, so he was a nice guy really : )

I also have a friend with an old VN interceptor 5l (funny if it was the same car) and it's now done over 400,000ks on the original motor and still going well, just getting a little tired

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
The police service, in NSW anyway, don't chip their V8s trust me...

They just drive them everwhere in 2nd gear :eek:hmy: