Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex. Police VT

deeveus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV GTS
Bought a fuel filter this morning. Will attempt to fit this tonight. Will let you's know.

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
You might also consider that your catalytic converter could be blocked, an exhaust shop will be able to test this quick and easy.

EDIT: Also get under the car and check if any part of the exhaust has been damaged / kinked, which would block it and cause similar symptoms

deeveus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV GTS
Bought a fuel filter this morning, will try this tonight.

deeveus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV GTS
Bloody **** of a job to replace, gave up after an hour underneath the car trying different things. Off to the mechanics I guess!

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
Repco sell a set of little plastic clasps that help get the fuel lines off. If you dont wanna buy it, use your man strength to depress the sides of the clip on the hose and then push the line towards the middle of the filter, keep the sides depressed then pull the hose away (you kinda need to twist it as you pull). Took me an hour under the car to work it out the first time.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
as above-there is a thread that tells you how to do it

I am like you though and would just pay for the time for the mechanic to replace it