Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exaust for my vy ute

Afrikano

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy Ute
Hey!! The Bloke who owned my car before had done some work to the exaust which sounds terrible, i dont know exactly what but he just said sports exaust..the pipes have been change front to back and a diff muffler..not sure abuout cats or anything. But he drilled a whole and welded it shut which makes it sound like a rally car :s. And it has alot of terrible drowning..just gets on your nerves after a while. I wanto change the exaust but dont wanto spend much, any sudgestions on a cheap but good exaust...something that is not too loud but has some grunt in it.. And how much would it cost? Cheers!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Lukey, Redback, Magnaflow.. any of those brands will be fine. Get a single 2.5" pipe with resi (remove if you want it louder). Should cost around $200-$350.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
That's just from cats back and not including the headers or high flow cats though. Youtube VY V6 exhaust. The VT and VX's are quite similar too as they're the same engine pretty much.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do the 2 1/2" cat back for $250 shipped, or $290 if you want the rear resonator.