Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

excelerator depresses itself

monsoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
Hi
i Drive a VX 6 speed ss commodore ,the problem im having is when i hit a "Dip' in the Road and excelerate out of it or going around a steep corner (and excelerate )The "Pedal " depresses itself Hard ! even when ive taken my Foot off it . has anyone experienced this themselves ? any ideas what could be the Problem? could it be the Engine Mounts??
hope you can understand the Question.
Thanks for any help.
regards,

alan.

M

MzTomboy

Same thing happened to my brother in his VK calais... a mechanic checked it out and couldnt find anything wrong and lubed up the cable behind the peddle.. a week later he ended up wrapped around a pole and wrote off the car.. he was VERY lucky to only need plates and pins in his wrist, so be extremely careful and have it checked out properly!

monsoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
'Wow' ok glad he wasnt too badly hurt.
i also noticed when driving around 80 KPH then give it a Burst .. the excelerator pedal vibrates too!.

monsoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
Hmm dunno..Leave traction on / Off??

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
how about you take out the cruise control relay cos sounds like the cruise control motor is winding the throttle open! if it is doign it again after the relay is removed then it is elsewhere.......

The Sicilian

Ironically work for Ford
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S V6 5M
boona15 said:
how about you take out the cruise control relay cos sounds like the cruise control motor is winding the throttle open! if it is doign it again after the relay is removed then it is elsewhere.......

yeh sounds 2 me u gotz a cruise control prob if u feel tha pedal vibrating

monsoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
ok thanks guys ..will try that.:)

Last edited:

monsoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
hi again

took out the cruise control relay ..still doing it ..any other ideas please ?..took to mechanic ,auto electrician ..no answers as yet.:bang:

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
monsoon said:
Hi
i Drive a VX 6 speed ss commodore ,the problem im having is when i hit a "Dip' in the Road and excelerate out of it or going around a steep corner (and excelerate )The "Pedal " depresses itself Hard ! even when ive taken my Foot off it . has anyone experienced this themselves ? any ideas what could be the Problem? could it be the Engine Mounts??
hope you can understand the Question.
Thanks for any help.
regards,

alan.

Just to clarify, is the pedal actually going down further or just staying down when you take your foot off?
If it's staying in the one position it could be as simple as the cable sticking or an obstruction in the throttle body (eg dirt build up or part of your air filter etc).
Apart from the cruise control there should be nothing electronic that would actually open the throttle more, I may be wrong as I'm not up on the electrics of your model, but I'd hope that there would be nothing else.
If it is opening the throttle further then sorry I have no suggestion other than the cruise is faulty but you have already disconnected it.