Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Excellent Info on REbuild for L36 or L67 Great info...

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
That's a great find!

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Yeah i know... his fine explanations and the detail he goes into on some things. Theres always chat on here about piston sizes, does it stick up or not, difference between both engines, rods, heads, parts etc. He's done a good job.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
his instructions are so clear that even i would be tempted to go buy a cheap ecotec (and all the tools, parts required) to strip apart and rebuild, and i know very little about mechanics! could be a really good way to learn though

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
his instructions are so clear that even i would be tempted to go buy a cheap ecotec (and all the tools, parts required) to strip apart and rebuild, and i know very little about mechanics! could be a really good way to learn though

lol thats what i mean. I dont think there is anything he missed. He skimped on how he installed the head gasket, but this may have been covered numerous times on this site.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
hmmm im thinking in a few months down the track when i have some freed up money im going to buy the cheapest ecotec i can find purely to strip it down to learn more about engines and then have a crack at rebuilding it...

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
Thanks for posting it up. It was a very good read.