Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Excessive rear tire wear!

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Hi guys,

I bought new set of tires for my 2008 ve ssv . My rear new tires are wearing out!!?!?. I just bought them last week..! I also noticed something weird at the back of my car paint. i don't know what is it, but it's like black sand. I use this car for only driving on high way 130 miles everyday. I put 35 psi for my tires as owner's manual said.

Also, I noticed my rear old tires are completely worn out, but the front old tires look like they are new!

Does my car need an alignment or what?

I don't trust any mechanic here. If you ask me why. I'll tell you "They are just want my money. People where I live go to mechanic only if they know what is the problem with their cars. Because they know a mechanic will replace bad and good parts just to take more money.

Please help!

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I asked some people and most of them say it's probably a bad camber.

Is it possible or it doesn't have anything to do with my problem?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Could be camber, but highly unlikely the rears wearing out that badly so fast.
You sure a family member or friend isnt doing burnouts?

Can you post a picture of the tyres, and also a pic of the camber like a rear view picture showing the rear tyres and how they sit on the car?

Is it lowered?

What brand tyres?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Weird black paint on the back that looks like sand? It sounds like rubber spray.

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Good tyres, wrong pressure, without rotation in the Middle East.
Tyres wear, especially high performance Nitto Invo at speed in the desert. I regularly go 5000k a week in our outback without a shower (of rain) and also noticed the rear bumper and rear wheel arches collect 0.5-2mm powdered rubber layer which is not so bad on black paint but traps bulldust.
The concept of rotating your tyre wear assumes regular checking like you are, as conditions dictate be prepared to rotate them within the month. Without rotation I've had rear KU39s that are a Vietnamese sport luxury compound wear out evenly over a month in a similarly harsh driving environment as you.
Nitrogen is your best friend, like an insurance policy for tyres in these circumstances. I carry two "full size" adults and about 350kg of load using 44psi in back, 39psi in front.
My tyre place in Sydney checks wear and alignment and rotates my wheels every 5000-10000k free of charge. Pays to stick with the one service joint too.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
:confused: What makes you think he's in a desert in the Middle East under harsh driving conditions?

Did I miss something?

Previous posts, his YouTube history, the underside of his car and he is an Arab, who knows the local phone number of JHP dealership in Kuwait?!
The vehicle is definitely not an SSV, nor a G8 either.
All things to the contrary, there is a slim possibility that he could in fact be driving a Holden in New York, just not very probable.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
STOP SLIDING YOUR CAR AT 150+km/h FROM ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO THE OTHER!!! lol

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Get a wheel alignment.

Stop doing burn-outs.

Refrain from excessive acceleration and braking.

Perhaps consider another (better) brand of tyre (or tire as you are referring to).

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Previous posts, his YouTube history, the underside of his car and he is an Arab, who knows the local phone number of JHP dealership in Kuwait?!
The vehicle is definitely not an SSV, nor a G8 either.
All things to the contrary, there is a slim possibility that he could in fact be driving a Holden in New York, just not very probable.

Ok. I thought it must've bee a G8 in the States. His profile says he's from New York!