Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXCESSV has arrived.....

AJ-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SIDI VE SV6
hey mate, really nice car. Do you know if it's possible to get the ssv rear lights for an sv6? any help would be appreciated, thnx.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey mate, really nice car. Do you know if it's possible to get the ssv rear lights for an sv6? any help would be appreciated, thnx.
yep the SV6/SS are interchangeable with the SSV lights.

just buy them and swap em over. :)

liljaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
hey excessv.. i bought 6' speakers for my front doors of my ve sv6, will they fit fine?

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
Awesome mate! Just checked out all the images; plenty of horses under the hood, great look, great mods, a very nice projectile :thumbsup:

PS: A comment about the videos 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM; The last vid of two black screaming jets was bluddy teriffic.

YouTube - IMG 0023

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey AJ-SV6, This might sound like a bit of a prop, but try Holmart, they do genuine brand new SSV taillights for not a bad price, took me 5 minutes to change them over too, just get yourself a wrench and its only a few bolts each side and some clips for the interior trim, very easy.
Cheers

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thnx mate. But where can i buy them?
Holmart just like jono0309 said
hey excessv.. i bought 6' speakers for my front doors of my ve sv6, will they fit fine?
yeah VE can handle 6.5" splits but depends on some brands.

like my pioneer competition splits are only the 5" ones i think. there 6" ones wont fit due to the depth of them!...they are big mofos!
hey AJ-SV6, This might sound like a bit of a prop, but try Holmart, they do genuine brand new SSV taillights for not a bad price, took me 5 minutes to change them over too, just get yourself a wrench and its only a few bolts each side and some clips for the interior trim, very easy.
Cheers
yep spot on
I reckon your car is still possibly the maddest VE I've ever seen!
cheers troy much appreciated.

finally custom my OTR was complete.
biggest and baddest OTR for the VE...heck even for the VT-VZ
if anyone wants more info or where to get them from feel free to PM me :)

DSC01598.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

to say that i am happy with this is an understatement
looks great, fits great and is exactly what i wanted when i approached Josh on building one.
there are some extras we are working for on both looks and performance of the OTR soon to come too :D
aim is to have it complete for Motorvation.....

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Hey Excessv, very nice car. I just came across this thread and have read it word for word over the past hour or so. Very intereting build especially considering you started so long ago when the VE wouldnt have had much aftermarket stuff.

I have just finished my Black SSV ute with a similar mods list (no brakes yet though) and achieved 308RWKW with te auto box and a 2800 stall.

Have you had a chance to take it down the strip again to get some times?

As far athe OTR is concerned, did you look at the VCM Peformance (VIC) OTR? I have this fitted to my car and it looks as large if not larger than yours pictured.

All in all, a great car.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey Excessv, very nice car. I just came across this thread and have read it word for word over the past hour or so. Very intereting build especially considering you started so long ago when the VE wouldnt have had much aftermarket stuff.

I have just finished my Black SSV ute with a similar mods list (no brakes yet though) and achieved 308RWKW with te auto box and a 2800 stall.

Have you had a chance to take it down the strip again to get some times?

As far athe OTR is concerned, did you look at the VCM Peformance (VIC) OTR? I have this fitted to my car and it looks as large if not larger than yours pictured.

All in all, a great car.
VCM from last time i spoke to them havent got the OTR released yet. so cant comment on what it looks like and who's is bigger.

12.2 @ 116mph was last time i went and probably wont be going back as i need to take brakes off, lift coilovers, fit slicks, etc etc etc...
car was never built with the intention of a 1/4 mile racer...its for the circuit stuff