Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exclusive! Pontiac G8 revived in Australia

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
Paint them all white with some red stripes and call the "Snake"
It worked for Ford.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It will be interesting to see how they sell with the facelifted VE only a few months off, especially as no sneak photos of the facelift have surfaced yet, so we don't know how good or different they will look.

It's certainly an interesting way to flog off excess panels and bits though, and make a bit of extra cash on each sale. Will also be interesting to see if they have any exclusivity in years to come and hold their value better than standard equivalent VE's of the same age.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
It's certainly an interesting way to flog off excess panels and bits though, and make a bit of extra cash on each sale. Will also be interesting to see if they have any exclusivity in years to come and hold their value better than standard equivalent VE's of the same age.

If they were actually released as a pontiac i'd see them holding their value better. Of course you'd get the morons who'll try and flog them off for doubly what an equivalent SSV would be worth, in years to come, but thats no different to now.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
How they are marketed will be very interesting. They will only be marketed as sports models, but will they sell them as Holdens or Pontiacs? The Pontiac name really doesn't have much cachet in Australia, as it's about forty years since the last Pontiacs were sold here. Buyers of sports models are generally more savvy about cars, and will know exactly what they really are.

They could sell them as Pontys, for the "rarity" value, but they will want to clear them quickly so that they don't lag into the VE Series 2 or VF introduction.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I know they wont release them as pontiacs, was just a personal thing really. Owning a limited edition myself, the rarer it is the better ;)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'd say it'll probably end up being called the Holden G8, or the Holden Commodore G8.

Either way, its still ugly as sin, and I wouldn't buy one.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Make it look like the GXP concept and I'll buy one. :yeah:

Attachments

• g8gxpstreetconcept_01.jpg
    g8gxpstreetconcept_01.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,472

Focussed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon
Howdy gents, very new to this site.
Well I just paid a deposit today for a Phantom Sedan. My missus' brother works at the Elizabeth Plant & gave me a heads up on this new model last week.
Dealer got word about it early this month. Apparently production is set for the 1st couple of days of November, so delivery on mine will be in late November or early december...
We get a 35% discount on all new commodores due to the employee family discount scheme so we paid $41K driveaway!

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Howdy gents, very new to this site.
Well I just paid a deposit today for a Phantom Sedan. My missus' brother works at the Elizabeth Plant & gave me a heads up on this new model last week.
Dealer got word about it early this month. Apparently production is set for the 1st couple of days of November, so delivery on mine will be in late November or early december...
We get a 35% discount on all new commodores due to the employee family discount scheme so we paid $41K driveaway!

sweet you will have to post some pics when you get it :yeah:

Focussed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon
Yeah will do, 3 months seems like a long way away at the moment!