Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exclusive! Pontiac G8 revived in Australia

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hasnt got my vote.

i think the pontiac version of the VZ isnt toooooo bad, still not that great tho,
but this new one is pretty average, having said that i didnt like the VE when i first seen it, now its starting to grow on me... id certainly be going for the VE II over this...

but i cant afford either so im stickin with the zed :p

HoldenCanMan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 - SV6
I wish I had your problems. Only 2500 Pontiac ''VE'' sold in Canada ... talk about rarity factor.
I am happy that I will be able to debadge it completely and replace the front arrow with the so wonderfull Holden Lion !!!

At last my Aussie Muscle Car will shine to it`s FORMAL GLORY, being a HOLDEN !

and yes, I`d rather push a Holden then drive a Ford !!!

Keep me posted when the ''special edition VE'' comes out, post plenty of pics to make us drool !
Cheers !

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I wish I had your problems. Only 2500 Pontiac ''VE'' sold in Canada ... talk about rarity factor.
I am happy that I will be able to debadge it completely and replace the front arrow with the so wonderfull Holden Lion !!!

At last my Aussie Muscle Car will shine to it`s FORMAL GLORY, being a HOLDEN !

and yes, I`d rather push a Holden then drive a Ford !!!

Keep me posted when the ''special edition VE'' comes out, post plenty of pics to make us drool !
Cheers !

As mentioned earlier in this thread, where will you fit the front badge? It's way too big for the Ponty's centre grille divider.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
As mentioned earlier in this thread, where will you fit the front badge? It's way too big for the Ponty's centre grille divider.

bonnet?

anyway i reckon they look much better than the VE's the VE's look so old and outdated kinda like the VT/X did before the transition to VY/Z

i reckon with VE II we will see sharper more defined edge's i.e boot and front bar being overhauled to look "up to date"

IMO i'd take this bodykit over the VE's anyday... just cause the VE's look 10+ years old already, they are too smooth need some sharpness about them

HoldenCanMan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 - SV6

This is only a guess but when the VE Special Edition comes out with the "Pontiac" front fascia logic dictates that the Pontiac arrow will be replaced with a "Special Edition Holden Badge"

Only the future will tell !!!

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I agree, to make this a "one of a kind special edition" they need to leave the pontiac badge.

Then holden needs to ship over 300 Holden SSV's to the states.

HoldenCanMan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 - SV6
I agree, to make this a "one of a kind special edition" they need to leave the pontiac badge.

Then holden needs to ship over 300 Holden SSV's to the states.

And please ship at least 10-20 in Canada ! :yeah:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Love the bonnet but not a fan of the bumper/grill.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Even though all cars will be based on the Holden Commodore SS V and wear SS V badging they are expected to become collector's items

I don't think they will be worth anymore im guessing the opposite..
Prices of each limited edition model will be $1000 more than a regular SS V.

How can they charge us more $$$$ for parts that they are desperate to get rid off ? They have destroyed the look of the VE...