Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exec to Calais AC Conversion?

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
So this may be a stupid question but hell, it's worth a shot...
Does anyone know if its possible to change the Exec model AC Dial Controls to the Digital Calais ones?
Besides purchasing the button panel and centre console surround, what else would be needed?
Maybe and auto electrician might be able to do it for me?
Cheers guys!

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
It's a huge job to do and extra wiring needed for sensors,heater and ac box need to be changed to Calais that's just what I can remember there are plenty of threads on here about it.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
From what I have read you will need the entire under dash unit cause its all different. Not to mention wiring loom, possibly bcm and a new dash fascia, and will also need some programming. Unless you can get a whole doner car for a good price its really not with it. The factory aircon works great (in my case it does anyway) so changing to the climate control isnt much point except for the nicer look. I thought about doing it myself cause I like the look of it but after researching it i decided not to.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Yeh i actually found a few write-ups on this after i started the thread. not worth the effort lol