Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Executive Taillights

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hey guys

Just wondering what difference in taillights (if any) there is between the different versions of VLs.
I have an executive (which sometimes i doubt because it says SL on my dash, yet has an executive badge at the back) and recently replaced my right taillight with an aftermarket one from a mate who works at a wreckers.
However the new tailight is considerably lighter than my old one, and one of my mates said thats because my old one is a calais, but i think that it has just been sprayed darker.
So yeh pretty much just asking if there is a difference between the taillights or not.

Thanks

P.S. i realize i could probably look at pics of different cars on here but wasnt sure who had darkened their lights, plus this was easier

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
yeah mate there are a few different types, exec which are real clear colors, berlina ones are more tinted type lights if i remember correctly and calais ones have black lines on bottom and white lines on top, also people commonly use vk berlina lights which have black line on both top and bottom. im pretty sure that's right but someone correct me if im wrong also you get the people that tint them and all that so yeah there are a few different types i haven't ever mucked around with lights as i had a calais so i just had them lights and now i got a wagon so they are different lol maybe just do a search mate might be able to find some pics or something

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
ok thanks mate, i might do a search now that i know theres differences

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
google vl tailights then click on pictures.. ive found like 3 different versions of the clear lights on ebay the euros look nice..