Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhasut quetion

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
^^^
I've been saying that for so long its not funny!

At least someone else here has a brain!

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
is there an echo in here?
basically if you want an ewxhaust note resembling a fart do cat back with a cannon
if you want a good clean note do whole system with good mufflers this way you cant go wrong!~

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
mwuahahahha
not to be posted here.... :hiding:

lets just say a major outlet....

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
I just picked up a HSV stock exhaust for $100, whacked it on the other night, Sounds much nicer. Still quiet when I want it to be as well. Not as loud as I was hoping tho. Would like a deeper note. But ay, now have a twin system that sounds nice lol.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Sorry to hijack but i'd like to shed some light on a 3inch system that i haven't seen or heard/read about someone having before.

Thought id be different then most people with my SV6. althought all i ever hear is 3inch is 2 big 3inch this 3inch that. i've got ceramic coated pacies into twin 2.5inch into 2.5inch high flow cats then merging into a single 3inch straight through. althought i have a varex with twin 3inch tips....

now... as for the sound. its .... how do i put it LOUD. when open really loud burble and such at idle and sounds amazing (to me) till about 3000rpm then it goes insanely high pitched and raspy. and about twice as loud. With the varex shut its still loud but considerably less. i then went and got the largest hotdog (18inch? by 3inch?) i could buy. didn't really do all that much tbh. then the exhaust shop guy gave me a spare saved... i dunno what it is but its atleast 24inch long and 5-6inch in diameter and it made a massive difference its now. a lot quiter like respectable. and a lot less raspy alhtough after 3000rpm you can still hear it a bit and same with the exhaust shut.

i got such a big exhaust cause i plan to spend some serious coin on my car in the future.

As for cost and the **** and problems i had with getting it done. that'll be for another thread