Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhasut quetion

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ok guys my car is going to be parked up for a while and give me change to work onmy exhasut atm i have the stok twin 2.25 in signle 2.5 with no muffler wat wuold be louder and have better not the straight thru tail pipe or puttin a 12" hotdog on the tailpipe cuz ive put on a twin 2.5 and i hate it down on power all round and sounds flat

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
extracters give a better tone under load normally
maybe just complete the system ? make front as big as back (all pipes the same size)
except for extractors to suit your car but get some as close to same size as what youve got in the rear at the extractors end (where cats go)
if all the same size with good extractors you may even need a muffler ! in fact i'd recomend it as most middle exhausts made pre-fab dont have em

good luck

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
that didnt answer my question i want to kno wat is louder for the tail pipe staright through or a hotdog style muffler

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
hotdog, wouldnt that be a resonator? which would 'resonate' the sound. This means it may not necisarily be louder but it will change the sound, it will 'mellow' out the tone of your car...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
why would you want it loud anyway, it will just drone, sound ugly and just give you the shits

Agree.

I keep mixing the two of you up, I was wondering why you would ask a question like that and have spelling that is atrocious, then I realized it wasn't you....

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
that didnt answer my question i want to kno wat is louder for the tail pipe staright through or a hotdog style muffler

the last thing you want is a droning sound when sitteing on partial load (highway)
gives a lot of people headaches

so straight through will deffinately drone
a resonator will act like a weak muffler and take some of the db's out but not much
so as i recomended extractors, sports muffler and reuse catylic converters

by reusing cats the 02 sensors shouldnt throw those codes from being burnt by excessive heat like
those dodgy high flow cats ive seen getting around

basically think of your exhaust like a drag car?
straight pipes straight out of cyclinders is loud as ####
but what you want is a driver that doesnt get pulled over all the time so
using good extractors and good muffler and reusing your cats will give you a better note when under
heavy acceleration and will be loud enough to just hear over stereo full ball but at the same time under partial load
(highway) it wont annoy the crap out of you!~

so higher flowing exhaust = better note and that pulsating roar we all know and love
removing mufflers = farting exhaust note single tone as you accelerate and a droning on highway

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Agree.

I keep mixing the two of you up, I was wondering why you would ask a question like that and have spelling that is atrocious, then I realized it wasn't you....

lol, thanks mate.. i talkz all hektick and shiz ya know what me getting at?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
straight tail pipes will be louder, the hotdog will control the sound a bit more.