Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust 2.5" or 2.25" ?????

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
hey everyone, i drive a VY S II and im wanting to do a full exhaust upgrade eventualy. i want to replace headers, pipes and muffler. was just asking if i should be getting a 2.5" system (most people see to go for this) or a 2.25" system?? i wont be doing to many mods to the engine, just intake probably.

the real question is i have heard that for a stock V6 ecotech, 2.25" pipes are better for the engine over 2.5" pipes? something to do with back pressure or something?? any help would be great =]

thanks everyone,
sam

p.s any sugestions about exhaust system would also be appreciated, let me know what exhaust you are running if you have upgraded =]

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well if you can afford it go for a twin 2.25" (im fairly sure its 2.25" or 2" ) system as from what i have read its the best system for a ecotec but its cost more then a single 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
ok thanks mate, i will keep that sugestion in mind. might be saving for a while to get a twin system, plus i dont really want to cut into the rear of the body for the second pipe. i think i will end up sticking with a single system exhaust though.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
you dont have to cut the body, twin systems follow the same path as the single.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
I'm running a 5" steam pipe from the stock manifold. I figured it was future proof since I'm going to supercharge it, then twin turbo charger it and stroke it, and weld on 4more cylinders. Once that is done I will have to get the computer retuned. I was thinking of a motec system exhaust cos I head that in Fast and furious and it sounded like it was good for 600rwkw's and I've been told that it will only use 3Litres per 100k.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'm running a 5" steam pipe from the stock manifold. I figured it was future proof since I'm going to supercharge it, then twin turbo charger it and stroke it, and weld on 4more cylinders. Once that is done I will have to get the computer retuned. I was thinking of a motec system exhaust cos I head that in Fast and furious and it sounded like it was good for 600rwkw's and I've been told that it will only use 3Litres per 100k.

Ahh,umm,Make sure you post up lots of pics as you go.Im sure there will be heaps of people wanting to see you do this.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
hey everyone, i drive a VY S II and im wanting to do a full exhaust upgrade eventualy. i want to replace headers, pipes and muffler. was just asking if i should be getting a 2.5" system (most people see to go for this) or a 2.25" system?? i wont be doing to many mods to the engine, just intake probably.

the real question is i have heard that for a stock V6 ecotech, 2.25" pipes are better for the engine over 2.5" pipes? something to do with back pressure or something?? any help would be great =]

thanks everyone,
sam

p.s any sugestions about exhaust system would also be appreciated, let me know what exhaust you are running if you have upgraded =]

Hey mate i would just leave the system as is factory system is pretty good i think the factory system is 2.25 press bent if you want some noise swap the mufflers around Lukey or something like that.
I never herd a nice sounding v6 vz though.