Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Choice - VZ ute v6

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well considering only one fits the VZ, i would go that one..

Just saw that they put VZ 3.8L, i'm guessing that it won't fit, and you'll need the one that stats 3.6L.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Off the shelf kits are rubbish.. Custom 2.5 inch or twin 2.25, stock cats and pacemakers will get you going, expect to pay $350 - 500 for a custom cat back

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I'd go for the twin system personally. I know everyone bangs on about back pressure and all that crap, but when it comes down to it, more exhaust is more exhaust. Plus it's still got those two long pipes leading towards the cats anyway which are standard width, so it does'nt play too much with the power.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd go for the twin system personally. I know everyone bangs on about back pressure and all that crap, but when it comes down to it, more exhaust is more exhaust. Plus it's still got those two long pipes leading towards the cats anyway which are standard width, so it does'nt play too much with the power.

Everyone bangs on about back pressure because it is important.

The bottom one would actually be better performance wise, but may be a bit drony. The top one is a V8 system.

As impulsive said, go a twin 2 1/4".