Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIYnoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 5.7 ltr
hi,

so i've just gotten a VU ss 5.7ltr and im looking at putting an exhaust system on but to save on labour im looking at ordering the parts myself.
i just had a few questions about catbacks, cats and headers
would a 2.5" catback bolt onto the stock cats? are the flange sizes different?
if i wanted a full 2.5" or 3" system wheres the best place to order the parts from?
im just completely lost because im looking for a nice sound and i got no idea about ordering different brands then trying to bolt it together and the orientation of the flanges are different.

help!

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
This has been covered numerous times and there are even sponsors on the forum that sell exhaust systems.

See the google bar ^^^^ on the top right, do a search and you will find 1000+ threads.

2.5inch twin cat back will bolt straight onto stock system.
eBay or sponsors for the hardware

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do Manta exhaust, in my opinion they are one of the better sounding exhausts on the market.

I can do a twin 2 1/2" cat back for $720 since you are in Perth. Or if you wanted to go the full system with extractors and cats, $2100. That gets you 1 7/8" or 1 3/4" primary 4-1 extractors, 200 cell metallic high flow cats and the cat back. All bolt up, no cutting or welding.

The Manta cat back will bolt straight up to your factory cats.