Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Flange Bolts

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
okay so im gettin sick of the boring loud mono tone exhaust note from the redback exhaust from my V6 is giving..so i want to go back to stock.

Just need to know what exact type and size nut is used to mount the centre and rear muffler flange together? the 2 existing bolts on the middle muffler flange is welded on and i dont really wanna take the whole muffler into bunnings warehouse and try my luck with all the nuts...any rough guess would be heplfull

DSC06491.jpg

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
As far as I know they will be 10mm. Id go for a high tensile nut (usually black finish) and grease up the thread when you fit it.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
What happens if you get 3 different answers on here? lol

I could tell by looking at it, but short of that mate, there are a couple of ways to go about it.

First and most proper way would be to get the diameter and thread pitch using a gauge, but i'm guessing you wouldn't have those.
Second, do you have any old bolts laying around? i mean, you're not australian if you don't have a can or a tin or a bucket of the most randomly assorted bolts in the galaxy.
Go through that and you might surprise yourself, you're only looking for 2 nuts afterall!
Third suggestion is go to fastener section of what ever shop it is you're going to and buy 2 of each of these...
M10x1.25 (metric fine), M10x1.5 metric coarse), 3/8 UNF & 3/8 UNC.

Now this is providing it's around the 10mm ~ 3/8" region.

Give it a go, they're cheap as f**k

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol thanks any ways guys.

i got the nuts yesterday morning and put the stock exhaust back on. Nuts were M10 and i put a lil thread lock.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A bit late, but they are M10 x 1.5 metric coarse.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
so next question....how much would i get for my 2.5" red-back catback exhaust?

bought it brand new and ive had it on for about 30,000kms? its got the regular scrapes on just the flange from being lowered and few scratches on the rim of the middle muffler with twin 3" chrome tips...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You might get $100 for it.