Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for my VY 5.7L Berlina, whats the best and where?

newtz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 5.7L
Hey all, just bought my new car! 2002 VY 5.7L Berlina A4 :)
Im not too knowledgeable when it comes to cars so all the help you guys could provide would be truely appreciated!

The car is stock standard, I have ordered a K&N filter, aunger cold air intake and would also like to replace my full exhaust system to a newone with extractors.

My last car was a VZ SVZ with full exhaust and extractors and sounded like crap... Dont want to make the same mistake gain so im asking you knowledgable people!

So this time im looking for the BEST system (thats not too loud, but still grunty), also could anyone tell me where is the BEST exhaust shop in melbourne???

Thank you everyone and anyone for any help you can give!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm not hugely clued up on V8 exhausts but they are much easier to get right than a V6. A twin 2.5" or twin 3" should make it sound sweet. Pacemaker 4>1's seem to be the go too. Di Fillipo (not sure on spelling) systems seem pretty good.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
do difillipo for the whole thing. sounds good, not too loud and wont drone. only downside is its a bit pricy and the extractors are tough to fit. where in melbourne are you? any exhaust shop can fit them for you as its not all that tough as they do it for a living.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I have regrinded/rewelded HSV VY II extractors, 100cpi Ballistic cats, 3.5" Sureflo medium exhaust on a VY II SS and it sounds tough. Not too loud, quiet when cruising, but hear it a Suburb away when you step on it.

You can get it from Sureflo in Sydney as they deliver to Melbourne.

The 3.5" are one of the toughest sounds on the LS1 engines, as you can read the 80+ page thread on it on LS1 forums.
Sureflo 3 1/2" Exhaust - Any experiences/comments?? - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

If you just want to get the 3.5" catback it will cost about $800 ish and comes in quiet, medium, medium/loud, loud and Extra loud.

The 100cpi ballistic racing cats are around $600 fitted, and gave the system a angry note, more power and better fuel consumption.

If you were in Sydney I would meet up so you could listen but Melbourne is too far to go, and videos don't give any idea of what an exhaust sounds like.

newtz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 5.7L
Thanks for your help guys, I live in Eltham but dont mind travelling a little bit to find the best place who knows their gen lll engines