Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust -fuel economy

dre58

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive
I've got a VR HSV Senator, i was thinking of putting a new exhaust set up. new exctractors with a 3in exhaust all the way through, also getting 19's for it.
i was just wondering if this set-up would have any affect on the fuel economy.
i get around 350k's out of a full tank now.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
extractors and exhaust should giv u better fuel economy if u drive nicely but if u thrash it it will drink more but it looks like uve already got pretty bad fuel economy.

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
I have two vr commodres one all standard and the second a vr aclaim with IRS, pacemaker extractor and a 2/5-3 inch chrome pipe from cat back measuring 89.1 db @3200rpm. (barly passed the legal readworthy 90db) For the rercord the fuel economy is about the same 356km per tank on gentle city driving. Best option is gas i think.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
The right pipes on your car will weild better fuel economy. However, most people tend to drive harder because of the nice sound..I know of oils and fuel additive that does the same- us ethe stuff, better fuel economy. But I'm a hoon, so economy isnt often what I get.

Theoretically 19" wheels will give better economy through less rolling resistance, however most people seem to drive harder with nice wheels too...go figure