Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust hangin too low while lowered??

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
Hey guyz!

Just a quick question.

Anybody here have trouble with lowered VEs and havin the exhaust scrap like mad?
Mind you i do have the varex cans 3inch, and car isnt lowered that much, however i heard that di fillipo sit very high within the tunnel?

And auggestions of other brands?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My car sits bang on legal height and I have no such problems. It's a HSV spec bi-modal exhaust though.

Reaper

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
ive got a 3' hurricane system under my lowered ute and occasionally the cats (ballistics- not much bigger than a coke can)might jussst scrape. mine sits nice and high obviously.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Hey Man, I just got my car lowered and the exhaust was sitting pretty low before hand but now there is only probably a 100mm gap if not less between the exhaust and the ground. I will take a photo this arvo and post for you too see.
I spoke to my mechanic and he said there was no way it would scrap. I have an 2.5" X force system.
(Pics tonight)

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
ahh true true tinsnips.

but theres one more thing....

westfields car parks (used as an example) when going up the ramp and then leveling out.
that peak section..because our cars have a pretty long wheel base...tends to scratch like crzy !!

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Ive got xforce 3' and mine scrapes like a bitch lowered on king superlows and with a car load of people or towing the boat mannn forget it slight raise in the road shocking, it hangs too low over the diff but its fine over speed bumps except the top car park at westfeild doncaster if anyone has been there u'll know what im talking about its a large speed hump with a small checker plate hump on top got it stuck flat tried going forward but couldnt and to reverse out i would of looked like a knob, i heard to kpm is better or even the di fillipo i would go with them next time i may have to change soon b4 i stuff the other and cant sell it.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
my centre muffler scrapes occasionally. i avoid going up levels in multi level car parks lol its either bottom level or i go home lol :p