Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust ideas for my VR commodore?

VR ST3LTH

ST3LTH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 commodore
well i want to get an exhaust for my V6 VR commodore live axel. i had the idea of buying a hi flow cat say about 200CPSI my self and giving it to an exhaust shop to put into my system that i want them to make that would be: 2 and a half inch pipe into a hi flow sports muffler then straight out to twin 3" dumper pipes. would this sound good? and what would the price be about? or i was thinkin the same idea with full exhaust so with extractors.. what would that cost? ( all prices preferably without cost of a cat cause i can get one for around $230)
Thanks a heap for your ideas.

VR ST3LTH

ST3LTH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 commodore
but it wouldnt hurt to get one, for future mods? im puttin twin throttle bodies and such on, new shaved heads and that too..

VR ST3LTH

ST3LTH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 commodore
saves spendin money later?.. what about the rest of the setup, would it be ok?

7shane0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore sedan
dude about your exhaust issues buy a full system in my opinion lukey is prabably the way to go i dont really like the walker sound. up to u about getting a aftermarket cat, if u do go with an aftermarket one dont expect much gain if any at all. before u put a twin throttle manifold on i would get it put on on a dyno and get the computer remapped some good gains have been shown.