Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust mod

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
Hey all,

Currently on my clubsport, I have 3inch mufflers and the centre piece cut out with straight pipe, my question is I want 2 1/2 inch from the cats back to the 3 inch mufflers for better flow, any idea if it will be much louder?

Thanks

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
Any idea ? I'll be doing headers and cats in about 4 months

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
You would be best having a bigger midsection and slightly smaller rear mate, the gases will be at the full expansion abilities closer to the engine and as the move toward the rear they will cool and become more dense meaning a smaller exhaust tip will aid velocity. That's my understanding anyway mate, contact "not an abba fan" he is the forum exhaust guru.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE INTERNATIONAL MY10
The info you have given is very vague so it makes it hard to understand & give a helpful reply, Hence the lack of!

So you have a V6 or a V8 clubsport or better still a V6 clubsport LOL (Just kiddin)? Looking at your profile?

You have a stock 2-1/4" twin system with the front muffler & stock resonators/hotdogs removed & straight 2-1/4" pipe fitted, Are the rear stainless flex fittings still fitted......just before the rear mufflers?

What type of 3" mufflers are fitted at the rear???

A little bit more info helps in any forum, Also laying it out in separate sentences directing each question at each topic you may be asking, Not attacking your English n grammar as mine is not perfect either, Some people cram about 5-10 different questions into one sentence then wonder why they dont get any response

To sum it up changing the middle section pipes from 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" over that short straight distance wont really do much at all, It is mostly the mufflers that control the sound & flow on any exhaust, You may notice a very slight change in the note as in a slightly deeper note but unlikely