Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust modifications

Single 3" vs twin 2.5"

• Single 3"

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Twin 2.5"

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Rattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vb commodore
Gday boys. I have my 5L 4sp vb commodore booked in to get a full exhaust system installed.
Engine has mild cam, yella terra heads and rockers. About 5k since full rebuild. I have been advised to fit pacemakers into twin 2.25 into a single mandrel bent 3" with a hiflow muffler.

I've been told it's better to do a twin 2.5 all the way..

Any thoughts boys? Thanks

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Come racing with stroker engines with a lot more power than you have suggested using either system that you mention. 3" will be cheaper.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it's a baby 5 litre near enough stock twin 2 1/4 2 mufflers at diff then 2 1/2 over diff another muffler...basically what 'high output' option was for sle/brocks

Or if want it bit more rowdy 2 1/2 with straight-thru mufflers....most exhaust shops will try to steer customers away from twin mufflers at diff as it's extra labour they'd rather join pipes to 1 muffler at diff then 1 pipe over diff to muffler/resonator.This is also works fine but it should also refect on price too.

I wouldn't go 3" on small cam 5l as could get some drone inside...being manual less likely to notice it.

Heaps of things change sound like thick or thinner pipe thickness,straight-thru mufflers or other types,cross pipe/h pipe or or y pipe like factory

Youtube clips are great way to work out the kind of sound you're after just make similar mods to your engine/car for realistic idea.

*** note that can only go twin pipes/mufflers to the diff then joined to single over diff due to factory fuel tank.