Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust - Need Help Deciding

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey everyone, I've got a bit of an exhaust problem. i have bought a 2.5inch mandrel bent exhaust for my irs vs v6. its got one muffler near the cat then just straight through pipe, first of all will this be insanely loud? will it be good for power?
I also have the back end of what i think is an ss exhaust, its about 1.5m long (not sure what its off or anything). it is twin 2.5inch into single 3inch into twin 2.5inch exit pipes, my question is should i leave the back of my exhaust how it is, with the single 2.5inch or weld on the 3inch into the twin 2.5exit pipes?
So basically, it would be 2.5inch into 3inch into 2.5 twin, or leave it as single 2.5.
Any help would be great, cheers

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The 2.5" cat back should be fine.
The 'other' bit of exhaust you're talking about sounds weird, but single 2.5" should be all you'll ever need on your V6.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
okay cheers mate. yeah i found it haha on the side of the road, goes the exact same direction and same shape as my vs exhaust.