Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust opinions

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Hey everyone, I recently got a series 2 ssv and got some xforce diff back mufflers to create abit more noise (which I’m happy with) but now I’ve decided to go more on the performance route. Got my otr intake so I’m looking into extractors and cats before I tune, my question is can I get away with just changing over to extractors and high flow cats, but leaving the centre pieces stock? Will I get less flow through the exhaust meaning less power?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
See if you can find a S/H 2.5" HSV mid section to suit your SSV, probably the cheapest option.

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6
Okay thanks, I think I have found what I was looking for though, will pairing a mild steel mid section with stainless steel rear mufflers change exhaust note or anything?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Okay thanks, I think I have found what I was looking for though, will pairing a mild steel mid section with stainless steel rear mufflers change exhaust note or anything?

It will, if its bigger in diameter, and has less mufflers, just hot dogs.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I currently have a 3 inch xforce exhaust, hsv headers and hi flow cats.

It has a centre muffler and the rear mufflers. It's loud enough but I want it to sound more grunty (the growl or rumble) if I remove the centre muffler would it get a deeper growl or just make it louder?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual

It has a centre muffler and the rear mufflers. It's loud enough but I want it to sound more grunty (the growl or rumble) if I remove the centre muffler would it get a deeper growl or just make it louder?
Not sure about removing the centre mufflers mate but I have the same setup as you on my ssv and know what you mean about the sound, some 4 into 1 long tube headers would definitely help I’m wanting to go that route for mine

DylanDiParma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore SV6

I think a cam would help much more for a deeper sound, only so much you can do with exhausts. I think if you removed the last muffler for a hotdog it would just be louder and more drone

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Not sure about removing the centre mufflers mate but I have the same setup as you on my ssv and know what you mean about the sound, some 4 into 1 long tube headers would definitely help I’m wanting to go that route for mine
Any recommendations my bro? Heard Pacemakers give a nice noise.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I think a cam would help much more for a deeper sound, only so much you can do with exhausts. I think if you removed the last muffler for a hotdog it would just be louder and more drone
Forgot to mention it's already cammed.

I have been told I need to get pacemaker headers, hi flow cats, H pipes with no centre muffler and straight pipes instead of rear mufflers.

I'm just after a deep rumble of an old school Murikan muscle car.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Forgot to mention it's already cammed.

I have been told I need to get pacemaker headers, hi flow cats, H pipes with no centre muffler and straight pipes instead of rear mufflers.

I'm just after a deep rumble of an old school Murikan muscle car.
What you’ve suggested there would do the trick but would be loud as f without any mufflers