Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust options???

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I am thinking of putting a new exhaust on my car (VS Berlina, V6, auto, stock apart from cai and K&N air filter) I've got around $500 to spend, give or take some. What are some good options for that money??? I want something that sounds deep and that has a nice idle note.....

also any places you can recommend in melb area for exhausts

Cheers, Tom

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
prob just a 2 1/2" cat back with good muffler.. but it wont get ya that deep of a sound for that u need extractors and i recommend pacemakers but they will cost u ur budget.. lukey is my preference

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
hmmmm.........maybe its better to save and get a full system. Arrrggggghhhh why can't money grow on trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW What tips do people like.....I like twin tip slighty curved down......what about you guys????????

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
I am thinking of putting a new exhaust on my car (VS Berlina, V6, auto, stock apart from cai and K&N air filter) I've got around $500 to spend, give or take some. What are some good options for that money??? I want something that sounds deep and that has a nice idle note.....

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

I was just quoted $1050 for Lukey extractors & 2.5" lukey sports exhaust from the cat back from Carline in Sydney. It is a 3 hour job on the extractors they wreckon because I have ABS.

Cheers
Struggo

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS

Cheers, Tom

For that money a 2.5" cat back is probly your best option.

SIKVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina N/A V6 3.8
do u guys heard about autobend its a kiwi company and they got a whole system sports/performance and theyre tuned extractors ill try and get a price

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
nah never heard of them. yeah it would be good if you could get a price

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
You must buy a quality system, don't just remove mufflers and drill holes. Sounds terrible!! Twin tips look great, i have that with angle cut rounds. But there are plenty to choose from as they usually just weld them onto the end of the exhuast.