Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust pipe tips

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I bought one yesterday, $21.95 from supercheap. It says stainless steel, they even lent me a tape measure so I measured the inner and outer diameter of my tailpipe then got one that was the right size. I just got a single one that was even angle-cut at the tip the same as my existing one. To fit it just pre-drilled a couple of holes at the front end of it at an angle that suited, then put a touch of grease on it, rag on the end to protect it and tapped it on with a block of wood and hammer. Once it was all the way on I drilled through the exhaust where the two pre-drilled holes were and used two pop rivets to ensure it wouldn't come off (probably wouldn't have becsause it was a tight fit.) Took maybe 20 minutes and looks awesome.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
This is mine for $50 at supercheap, exhaust shop fitted it for $20 in 10 minutes

View attachment 62546

Is ur tip stagered slightly or angled 2 suit the shape of the bar?? Im thinkin of changing mine on the VT i wanna find another twin tip thats angled 2 follow the curve on the bar.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
2565_b.jpg
has anyone seen these sorta tips around anywhere? what do you guys rekon of them?

KingNothing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Is ur tip stagered slightly or angled 2 suit the shape of the bar?? Im thinkin of changing mine on the VT i wanna find another twin tip thats angled 2 follow the curve on the bar.

one like mine?
DSC00033-2.jpg

it curves, so it fits nicely, got mine for free and fitted from an exhaust place when i got my exhaust done :p. Mine was selling for $90, supercheap is prob the way to go.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
one like mine?
DSC00033-2.jpg

it curves, so it fits nicely, got mine for free and fitted from an exhaust place when i got my exhaust done :p. Mine was selling for $90, supercheap is prob the way to go.

Yeah somthing like that but wat size r those tips? 2.25" or 2.5" each?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
ive never seen one of those b4 but they do look good.
isnt there a law where u cant have a up swept exhaust?
or was that just BS?
yeah mate thats right, there is an adr rule stating, something along the lines of, if the exhaust goes out so far from the rear bar it must be pointing down at 45 degree angle or something, not up haha. but if i found one i'd put it on :yeah:

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm

yeah it curves around with the bumper, and it has a 2.5" inlet and i think 2.25" twin outlets.