Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust pipe tips

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
i have a standard vy v6 with a standard exhaust and i want to put a nice chrome looking exhaust tip on it. I dont want to put one of those annoying megaphone things on that lancers have, definitely dont want it to be louder. Ive got no idea where to start.

Where would i buy one? Holden spares? car shop?
Would i have replace the whole rear muffler?
would i have to cut or weld any of the pipe?

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II SS 380rwhp, VZ calais
hi mate, just visit supercheap, and you'll see a few examples, if you're not happy with their range try ebay, xforce do some hot tips. Depending on what size tip you want you may be able to just slot it over the existing pipe in some instances, otherwise you can anglegrind and wedge, clamp or weld the tip on.

tip shouldnt influence the exhaust volume.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
just go into any muffler/exhaust centre, and if there a decent shop, then they will have a range of steel/stainless tips for you to choose from. It's just a matter of finding a tip that you like, then they will cut your previous tip off flush from your muffler, and proceed to weld the new one on..It wont change your exhaust note if the inlet diamater on the new tip is the same as your old. They will know this of course, and direct you in the right path. I was recently quoted $105 supplied and fitted, for an oval stainless tip for my VP. Hope this helps...Oy yeah and i wouldn't just buy one from supershit either, get a complete tip, it will be the chrome outer tip, welded to small section of pipe which mates up with your exisiting hole in the muffler, once your original pipe/tip is removed..

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
iv got my last 2 tips from supercheap auto, an oval one and a twin tip, both chrome, stainless steel and both $50 and my exhaust shop installed them for $20 (as i don't have a welder) So $70 for a tip installed compared to a $120 twin tip an exhaust place would charge sounds good to me

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
yeah go supercheap
i got mine from there for $50
this is it
2s0lk3o.jpg

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
i got one the same as holden 4 life 50 bucks form supercheap took about half hour to put on no change in the sound though

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Just out of curiosity, anyone who purchased a Tip, from suercheap, or whichever, are they a full stainless job, or are they just chromed. From the ones i've seen in the cheaper stores, they are just a chromed job.???