Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Questions

Strutto92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Redline
Hi Members
I recently purchased a 2016 vf s2 redline manual sedan about 6months ago. Everything is completely stock, but I’m looking to make it louder. Don’t get me wrong the current system is nice with the crackle and pops but I’d definitely like something with a lot more bark.

I can get my hands into a vf gts midsection pipe 2.5ich and connect to my original Bailey for the convenience of bi modal. But not 100% sure what headers and cats I should connect to it or if there is a better way to achieve I’m after. If I can do a complete exhaust head to toe with a Otr and tune but keep to the $2.5k to 3k max budget that would be amazing.

Only other future plans would be a cam but that’s further down the track and not any time soon.

thanks In advance

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You're not going to get full sytem, otr and tune for under 3. Try like 5k min.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Can you get something that holds the bi-modal mufflers open when you want, rather than only when it wants?
Might give the sound you want for little expense.

Strutto92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Redline
Can you get something that holds the bi-modal mufflers open when you want, rather than only when it wants?
Might give the sound you want for little expense.
I have pulled the fuse for it where it stay open all the time, but it’s still not loud enough I want more bark from it

Strutto92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Redline
You're not going to get full sytem, otr and tune for under 3. Try like 5k min.
It’s why I wanted to use a hsv gts mid section I can get for $200 then add extractors and high flow cats coupled with stock mufflers. If I have to spend a little more that’s ok just means I have to work a few more weekends

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I’d work a lot more weekends and do it the tried and true way.
You will likely end up paying twice or more trying cheaper options then changing them again because you won’t be happy with the result.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
yeah you are really looking at a 5k job for any name brand full system, with OTR and tune.
even if you look at something like E2-VF83-BIM-KIT - XFORCE AUSTRALIA , you probably have another $1200 ish on top for the OTR and Tune.

you might be able to buy the individual parts for a pacemaker or similar system, and get an exhaust shop to mate them up to the stock mufflers for maybe slightly cheaper.

if you just want to do the hsv centre, you can probably get a set of genie shorties with the integrated cats that should bolt up, they are probably about $1k. theres another thread on here about that path.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It’s why I wanted to use a hsv gts mid section I can get for $200 then add extractors and high flow cats coupled with stock mufflers. If I have to spend a little more that’s ok just means I have to work a few more weekends
I fitted a 340 R8 Maloo system to my SSVR ute, headers and cats, midpipe (same as the GTS) retaining the stock bimodals. It sounded like a stock 340 R8, no louder than the stock SS system really, perhaps marginally louder nothing stimulating. The HSV midpipe has an awful pipe ring at the X-pipe, you can hear the tinny noise under load. I think the HSV X-pipe has too much blend internally and has a high pitched more a 6 cylinder note than a V8 at higher revs. I cut mine out and fabricated a "proper" X-pipe to get rid of the (tinny) pipe ring noise and the note improved dramatically more like an H-pipe note. I think H-pipes sound better on the LS engines.

20210825_031640 (2).jpg

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
I did full new exhaust, tune and otr for 3 g so it can be done,tune and otr is around 1200,exhaust was close to 2g.
To do it for that price you need to source and fit the exhaust yourself.
If you want a popular internet loved exhaust it will be 5 g minimum:)
Tbh id stay away from factory extractors/cats,waste of money compared to long tubes.
Everyone will disagree with me because they always do but it can be done for 3g:)

Last edited:

Strutto92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Redline
I did full new exhaust, tune and otr for 3 g so it can be done,tune and otr is around 1200,exhaust was close to 2g.
To do it for that price you need to source and fit the exhaust yourself.
If you want a popular internet loved exhaust it will be 5 g minimum:)
Tbh id stay away from factory extractors/cats,waste of money compared to long tubes.
Everyone will disagree with me because they always do but it can be done for 3g:)

hey mate what kinda full exhaust did you end you going with and otr ? I’m happy to fit it all to save in cost ect.