Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Quotes

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey Guys,

Been phoning around today to find out prices on a 2.5" Catback System, straight through centre muffler and no resi. This system is said to make my VS V6 sound a bit more deep and throaty as well as loud when I put me foot down.

Below are quotes I've gotten:

Right Price Exhaust- $300-$350
Speedy Exhausts and Towbars- $360
Beaudesert exhaust- Refused a quote over the phone for VS commodores
Ultimate Performance Exhausts- $400
A1 Exhausts- $280-$300
Fat Pipes- $260

So needless to say I am going to be installing the system from 'Fat Pipes' as it is the cheapest and they seemed the most friendly and understanding that I wanted a louder car and weren't saying 'do you wanna resi on for another $100?' and 'why do you want it louder?' (an exhaust place asking why I want a louder car? really?)

Hope this helps any of you other guys out and also maybe if others can put quotes up they have gotten for their system to help others? I dunno I'm new to the forums lol.

Also do you guys reckon this is a good buy?

Thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I think I paid about $200 for my 2.5" pipe with front muffler. A few months later wanted the note changed so they installed a rear resi for $70.

To be fair though I think some of the bends borderline on mendrel.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What do you mean, sorry?

The bends are not like normal bends where they are really restrictive. But nor do I think they are as flowing as they should be. As in they have a bit of crease in them.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do you a full mandrel bent 2 1/2" cat back for $235 shipped to your door. Manta, same as Redback.

It is a live axle sedan I take it?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
I can do you a full mandrel bent 2 1/2" cat back for $235 shipped to your door. Manta, same as Redback.

It is a live axle sedan I take it?

Not sure about the axle sorry, id still have to pay someone to install it though bro. And at least this guy is just down the road so if something happens he is right there and i get warranty on it. You seem to do alot of exhaust stuff. YouTube - VT manual take off, soft Do you think that the system i want will be the same as this cars cos im getting the same as his from what ive seen on the forums.

thanks

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
You can get them on eBay for under $200.

And how in the hell do you 'borderline on mandrel bending'?

It's either press bent, roll bent or mandrel.

then there is hydroforming, but you dont need to get into that lol

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Not sure about the axle sorry, id still have to pay someone to install it though bro. And at least this guy is just down the road so if something happens he is right there and i get warranty on it. You seem to do alot of exhaust stuff. YouTube - VT manual take off, soft Do you think that the system i want will be the same as this cars cos im getting the same as his from what ive seen on the forums.

thanks

That one sounds pretty nice consider he doesn't have extractors or any other mods.

On his other vid of the car just idling and revving it says its a made up 2 1/2 inch press bent cat-back system with straight through mufflers from his local exhaust joint.

The Red-back anbd Lukey off-the-shelf systems are mandrel bent but the sound won't be much different to that bloke's.