Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust scrapage

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
hey guys..

i have a lowered vx and i scrap the exhaust like a dog dragging its a55 across the ground..

question is can exhaust shops raise the exhaust closer to the floor pan or will i have to raise the car ???

here is a pic... Its a total of 52mm off the ground.. yes i know defect lol hence why i wanna see if its possible to move up

941724_10151352631667330_1222799065_n.jpg

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Don't think so mate, what suspension/springs and wheels do you have on?

I have the same issue with my vx ss on SSL's and steelies....looks bad ass at 140kph across the NT...not!

By looking at it I think the exhaust manufacturers all have different measurements...maybe NAAF can answer this.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
Don't think so mate, what suspension/springs and wheels do you have on?

I have the same issue with my vx ss on SSL's and steelies....looks bad ass at 140kph across the NT...not!

By looking at it I think the exhaust manufacturers all have different measurements...maybe NAAF can answer this.

Hey thanks for replay .

Got ssl king springs 18" ve calais wheels and system is a duel 2 1/4" xforce system

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The off the shelf systems are probably designed for cars at a standard ride height. If you've modified the ride height, you might need to modify the exhaust too.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
hey guys..

i have a lowered vx and i scrap the exhaust like a dog dragging its a55 across the ground..

question is can exhaust shops raise the exhaust closer to the floor pan or will i have to raise the car ???

here is a pic... Its a total of 52mm off the ground.. yes i know defect lol hence why i wanna see if its possible to move up

941724_10151352631667330_1222799065_n.jpg

Might need to get an exhaust shop to look at altering it or get a custom one made up. Had a custom one made up with mine and he lifted it up as high as possible
without it touching anything but with superlow springs its still illegal at 95mm off the ground (thats on a V8 though). Put more air in your tyres, might give u 5mm LOL...)

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
lol cheers mate... i have sent a few emails off regarding my problem .... see what needs to be done :)

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
doesnt look like it can move up 48mm even if redone custom.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Another example of a quality X Force system...The issue would be the single hanger on the tail pipes allowing the system to hang lower than it really should.

Different brands will fit the car differently. I do Manta and they sit reasonably high. The pipes on the Manta system run right up close to the control arm. At the very least, some cutting and welding would need to be done to get it to sit higher.