Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust sizing for V6

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
You're best to go a single 3" if you're going the blower route.
That being said, I'm running twin 3"s on mine :p

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If your not blowing the motor soon then you would be better buying one of those cheap 2.5" bolt on systems like they sell on eBay.
There simple sound okay and not too expensive.
By the way my car makes 196rwkw (265kw at the motor) on a single 2.'5" exhaust from the first muffler.
I've got 1 5/8" HPScoated Difilippo extractor, twin 2 1/2" cats, twin 2 1/4" Y piece to single 2 1/2" muffler/resonator and tip.

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute 5 speed 221.48rwkw
On a stock internal Ecotec V6 with a Raptor Supercharger am running Pacemaker Extractors to a 2.5" Hi Flow cat, 2.5" pipe to Lukey Race Muffler then 2.5" pipe to baffled stainless tip. Currently is pushing 276.4rwhp.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I think the idea here is 2.5"... on my stocko esteem the 2.5" almost felt too big sometimes... and as above 2.5" is still the go even for 200+kw s/c engines.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
If your not blowing the motor soon then you would be better buying one of those cheap 2.5" bolt on systems like they sell on eBay.
There simple sound okay and not too expensive.
By the way my car makes 196rwkw (265kw at the motor) on a single 2.'5" exhaust from the first muffler.
I've got 1 5/8" HPScoated Difilippo extractor, twin 2 1/2" cats, twin 2 1/4" Y piece to single 2 1/2" muffler/resonator and tip.

i didnt realise di filippo made extractors for v6's...it doesnt say anything about them on the website, i would like to get some if they do. where did you get yours from?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I rang Difilippo direct (03 97470747) and they were sent to my address.
I had them get the pipes HPC coated as well.
The pipes ($695), coating ($285), a S/S twin 2 1/2'' x single 3" joiner and postage cost around a $1k but was so worth the cost.
I used the joiner when I first fitted the extractors between the Cats (previously twin 2" x 2 1/2" single) and the 2 1/2" muffler but the exhaust droned and I had it replaced with twin 2 1/4" x single 2 1/2" and that's the way it's stayed for the last year.
The Difilippo's have 2 1/2" secondaries where as most VS V6 extractors are only 2" with a couple making 2 1/4" secondaries.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ah k sweet, so they made the extractors to orders then? or you just bought it in kit form and did it yourself?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
ah k sweet, so they made the extractors to orders then? or you just bought it in kit form and did it yourself?

There off the shelf extractors. I've had them for about a year now.
I know there ads keep saying v6 coming but believe me there here already.
For the VS they are 1 5/8" primaries (equal length and quite long) then 2 1/2" secondaries with 4 bolt flange and extra flanges supplied for connecting onto 2 1/2" pipes.

Hey how is your stroker going have noticed your thread has gone very quiet.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sweet, i like the sounds of that....another thing ill have to add to the list to get done. do you happen to know if they make a whole system for the vs v6 or just the extractors?
the stroker is going good, ive just had issues with finding time lately to get everything done...im nearing the end of college and the workload increases with each week, so many assignments, so little time.