Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust system for Senator

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Hi all,

I had someone ask me the other day if my car was a V8. I laughed but then thought it really isnt loud enough.

So I am after some ideas for a new exhaust system. I would like it to be loud, but not drone. I do currently have a Redback 2 inch system from the CAT back. This system came from a VR Calais V6.
Perhaps someone has a nice exhaust system on their 304 and would recommend it.

Cheers

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I ran a redback single 2.5" system (with the rear resi - twin outs) on my old VP V8 and that was the perfect balance (IMO) between loud and unwanted attention loud. No drone either. Probably the best size for a bolt on 5 litre for power/torque too :)

Check the link below for my development of that car - it's quite amazing what you can do with an old 5 litre with a gazillion km on it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I ran a redback single 2.5" system (with the rear resi - twin outs) on my old VP V8 and that was the perfect balance (IMO) between loud and unwanted attention loud. No drone either. Probably the best size for a bolt on 5 litre for power/torque too :)

Check the link below for my development of that car - it's quite amazing what you can do with an old 5 litre with a gazillion km on it.

Agreed, I have a Manta 2.5" single with the front muffler and rear res. (And a 200 cell cat, but this makes little difference)

Ordered directly from Not_An_Abba_Fan on these forums at a very good price.

Not obnoxiously loud but a really great note.

This is mine, it's louder in person due to my crappy mic (didn't rev too much as it was still cold):
[video=youtube_share;2GsWkSvAksU]http://youtu.be/2GsWkSvAksU[/video]

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Thanx for the info Reaper and someguy360,

I like the sound of yours someguy360.

I just had a quick look at your thread on the SS Reaper, looks like you have done a lot of work on it.

I just had a look on tuffcarparts website and came across a 2.5 inch cat back system, not a bad price either.

redback vn-vs 2.5.JPG

Should hopefully do the job.

Cheers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thanx for the info Reaper and someguy360,

I like the sound of yours someguy360.

I just had a quick look at your thread on the SS Reaper, looks like you have done a lot of work on it.

I just had a look on tuffcarparts website and came across a 2.5 inch cat back system, not a bad price either.

View attachment 174680

Should hopefully do the job.

Cheers

Thats the system I have (I think) save IRS rear pipe with the dual rear outlets. You won't be disappointed with that system