Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust system for SV6

rapid_sv6

hot rod
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 ute
i've heard afew xforced V6's they sound terrible. depends what you like in an exhaust deep bassy burbly or barky loud and droney. PS i'd steer clear of the xforce cats if possible xforce stuff is very cheaply made.

hey yeah the redback mufflers for the sv6 utes aren't out called the distributor and they said they're coming out with new ones. Im definitely staying away from x-force my friend had his ute done with the 2.5" and the drone is very noticeable. thanks for the advice m8

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
hey yeah the redback mufflers for the sv6 utes aren't out called the distributor and they said they're coming out with new ones. Im definitely staying away from x-force my friend had his ute done with the 2.5" and the drone is very noticeable. thanks for the advice m8

are these the ones that apparently coming out in a few months? cos if so i'll hold off getting anything till they're available for the sv6 ute. everything else sounds droney/skyline-ish compared to these!

rapid_sv6

hot rod
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 ute
are these the ones that apparently coming out in a few months? cos if so i'll hold off getting anything till they're available for the sv6 ute. everything else sounds droney/skyline-ish compared to these!

spoke to a distributor and he said its only meant for the sv6 utes and yeah next month its coming out im getting my exhaust guy to pre-order it

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
yeh good point but ive gotten used to that light now, i got told u can get it turned off for 90ish bucks tho - id rather put up with it

Does the light flash only when you give it a bit of TLC or constantly from the turn of the key?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
When you start the car, a check engine comes up on the display and then disappears after a few secs or if you hit one of the steering wheel buttons - just like a service reminder really.
After ignition, you get a little engine light on the dash like when youve got high beams or fog lights on. Its really inconspicuous and doesnt flash or make noise. Its really not as bad as people make it out to be, I dont notice it anymore.
In my opinion, its not worth the 90 bucks or wateva the trouble to get it turned off, and if youre going to get a tune someday like I will then it will be resolved then.

matt28

VE SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
at the end of the day the majority of the note comes from the rear mufflers. just do it in bits and do it slowly, i've heard alot of alloytecs and man to 99% of them sound like ****. this motor can get really really barky i did all my exhaust mods in stages so i know what i could reverse if the note went up the creek.

ok so what mufflers do u have on yours i need to get mine done dont know what to do

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota GT86 (Previously VE SV6)
I know this thread is near 10years old, Ive got an Xforce 2.5 Catback on, I dont mind it.
Got 304 Stainless headers that are wrapped in titanium heat wrap and 200cpi cats.
Drone isn't bad, likely due to the wrapping insulating the sound and heat.

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Just complete stock SS cat back with proper quad tips (not Y shaped from a SS with active fuel management)
Nice subtle note when just cruising, no drone. Give it a push getting on the freeway.....sounds pretty damn good.
Cost of a stock SS system - $100

SS mid section exhaust has 2 hotdogs
SV6 mid section exhaust has 2 mufflers

SS more free flowing.